sunshinesp0tless
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

music not playing on QC35 II on spotify after a video call

When using my QC35 II headphones with my macbook air I found that after I use zoom, skype, teams, any type of video/audio call I no longer can hear any music from spotify. I know my headphones are still connected because I can hear notification sounds from my computer and if I open a youtube video from the browser I can hear all of it. I just can't hear anything from spotify. Each time I have to restart spotify in order for it to work. Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: music not playing on QC35 II on spotify after a video call

Author Accepted Answer selected by sunshinesp0tless

Hello sunshinesp0tless, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

Video calls use a different Bluetooth profile to music, so when you go into a call, the headphones will jump from A2DP profile to HSP/HFP profile. It sounds like for some reason, it hasn't jumped back to A2DP so I would recommend powering the headphones off, then power them back on and connect to the MacBook Air again. 

If you are still having issues, please unpair the headphones by holding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, and going to you Mac's system preferences > Bluetooth > then unpair the headphones. Please pair the headphones back up to the Mac, then be sure the Sound output settings have the headphones selected. 

If you still have no sound, please try to reboot the Bluetooth module on the Mac. 

• From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
  • On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
  • Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by sunshinesp0tless

Hello sunshinesp0tless, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

Video calls use a different Bluetooth profile to music, so when you go into a call, the headphones will jump from A2DP profile to HSP/HFP profile. It sounds like for some reason, it hasn't jumped back to A2DP so I would recommend powering the headphones off, then power them back on and connect to the MacBook Air again. 

If you are still having issues, please unpair the headphones by holding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, and going to you Mac's system preferences > Bluetooth > then unpair the headphones. Please pair the headphones back up to the Mac, then be sure the Sound output settings have the headphones selected. 

If you still have no sound, please try to reboot the Bluetooth module on the Mac. 

• From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
  • On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
  • Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

sunshinesp0tless
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Thank you for your suggestion! When I restart spotify it does work... so I guess I just have to do that or restart the headphones. 

vikasshankar
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

I have a similar issue (see my post last week), but the answer here is the closest someone has acknowledged.

The 'does not switch back to A2DP' is a consistent issue that can be replicated at will. Is there a solution in pipeline to fix this?