Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmehler
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

neck ring

Curious to know how important it is to keep the "ring" around the neck completely exposed.  For example, when I wear a zip up sweatshirt, will it affect the efficacy if the ring is partly covered?  I don't see any microphones on the ring - it seems to be the "guts" of the device - but would appreciate any insight.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: neck ring

Author Accepted Answer selected by rmehler

Hi rmehler,

"Yes it does, thanks.  Just don't understand, "You can use the Bose Hear app to set options for auto-shutoff and control switching between Bluetooth devices."  That I don't see in the app."

When I wear my Bose Hearphones, I use the button on the collar to:

• Turn the unit off when I want to save the battery
  • Switch between Bluetooth devices. 

If you have the collar underneath clothing, it's not as easy to access the button. 

I thought you would want to know; you can use the Bose Hear app to

• Set up your Bose Hearphones to conserve battery power (with the auto-off options)
    • In the Bose Hear app
      • Tap the ≡ Menu
      • Tap SETTINGS
      • Option for In-Ear Detection (on)
      • Option for Auto-Off Timer (Ear Buds removed)
  • Switch Bluetooth connections
    • In the Bose Hear app
      • Tap the ≡ Menu
      • Tap Connections

I hope that's helpful.

ST

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi, rmehler,

Thanks for the interesting question.

You can cover neck ring. Your Bose Hearphones will be fully functional, except you will have a harder time getting to the power/Bluetooth button.  You can use the Bose Hear app to set options for auto-shutoff and control switching between Bluetooth devices.

The microphones are in the earbuds.

Does that help?

ST

rmehler
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Yes it does, thanks.  Just don't understand, "You can use the Bose Hear app to set options for auto-shutoff and control switching between Bluetooth devices."  That I don't see in the app.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by rmehler

Hi rmehler,

"Yes it does, thanks.  Just don't understand, "You can use the Bose Hear app to set options for auto-shutoff and control switching between Bluetooth devices."  That I don't see in the app."

When I wear my Bose Hearphones, I use the button on the collar to:

• Turn the unit off when I want to save the battery
  • Switch between Bluetooth devices. 

If you have the collar underneath clothing, it's not as easy to access the button. 

I thought you would want to know; you can use the Bose Hear app to

• Set up your Bose Hearphones to conserve battery power (with the auto-off options)
    • In the Bose Hear app
      • Tap the ≡ Menu
      • Tap SETTINGS
      • Option for In-Ear Detection (on)
      • Option for Auto-Off Timer (Ear Buds removed)
  • Switch Bluetooth connections
    • In the Bose Hear app
      • Tap the ≡ Menu
      • Tap Connections

I hope that's helpful.

ST

View solution in original post

rmehler
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019