Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Re: no sound after pairing bose qc35 with window 10 HP pc

Successfully paired it on Surface Pro 3 w/Windows 10.
Try turning off Windows Defender before pairing than on after pairing.  Defender has been causing problems on numerous software (e.g. Kaspersky) and automatically activated every update.  
Two icons still show up for QC35, tablet and headphones, so pair only the headphones.
I also deactivated "generic" bluetooth drivers in device manager leaving the microsoft and vendor specific ones on along with other devices paired.
Good luck!!!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2016

Hello, 
I have a BOSE QC35 and I added the device to my PC (windows 7) but when it starts looking for service it always returns this.
I need help ASAP 
Thanks
"Migrated Image
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Bakkar,

Who makes your computer? How old is your computer? Is it able to pair and play audio via Bluetooth to other speakers or headphones? Can you try and pair a mobile device (smart phone/tablet) to your QC35s to see if they pair and play normally?  My first recommendation would be to locate the support site for the manufacturer of your PC and see if you can update the drivers based on your machine. In most cases it will ask you to put in your computer’s model number and go from there.  

Thank you

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2016

Had the same problem, make sure your computers name is different than any other devices...Bose QC35 can't connect to multiple devices with the same name, it gets confused 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2016

Well it took 3-4 hours, but I finally am listening to music from my Lenovo laptop on my new QC 35 headphones!
Initially, I was able to get the QC 35's to connect to my computer and even set them as the default audio playback device, but I wasn't getting any sound to the headphones.  The audio meter even showed that music was playing, but there was no sound coming out of the headphones.  I updated all of the Bluetooth drivers, and that did not seem to make a difference.
I am not sure which of the following changes resulted in success, but these were the last changes I made when things finally started to work:
1) I followed the initial changes to to the Bluetooth Support Services on my computer in the first 2 minutes of this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-GYH0ReRo
2) I then deleted the the QC 35 from my Device Manager.
3) I followed the firmware update steps from Bose: http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/product_selection/page.html (you will need a USB cable to connect the headphones to your PC for this step)
4) Once the firmware update was complete I deleted the pairing list on the headphones by holding the switch to the right for 10 seconds (you will hear a confirmation in the headphones)
5) Next I reconnected the headphones to the PC (type in "Bluetooth" to your Start menu search bar, then click on "Add a Bluetooth Device", simultaneously set the headphones to pairing mode by sliding the switch to the right briefly)
6) After this I just waited about 3-4 minutes for the headphones to pair and for all of the drivers and services to install properly and everything worked
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

For windows 10 users out there who may be having trouble with this who are using post 1067 windows 10 anniversary, I just got these headphones today and had the issue of only being able to see the tablet icon.
            not sure if this will fix everyones but i simply cleared my pairing list on the headphones by holding the bluetooth button for ten seconds, and the subsequently removed the pairing profile from windows 10. initially when the headphones were in pairing mode and windows 10 found them it was still the tablet icon; simply turning my bluetooth off and then back on in windows 10 made a generic "headphones" profile show up on the pairing list and pairing to that connected the headphones to audio. it didnt say the profile name created with the bose connect app or the default profile name it simply said "headphones" with a headphones icon with no other indication of what device. Im guessing more people will find this simply solution a remedy. could be wrong
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

Migrated ImageI've followed all of the recommended steps. My headphones show up but they will not connect to the PC and they are not showing up in the devices even with 'show disabled' selected.
Can anyone provide any tips? I have zero problem connecting these to any other device.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

I had the same issues and these steps also fixed my problem. I am enjoying audio from Win 10 to my QC35s again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

QC35 paired but no sound from headphones

Since almost 2 weeks ago, my QC35 paired to a gaming computer with Maximum X Hero stopped working. While paired, turned on of course, sound only comes to Silver Bose Hands Free (voice) but not for music. The only turn around I have found, is to remove and re-pair to the computer again. However, if turn off and turn on the headphones, the problem come again. 

Set up information is:

- QC 35 are updated to the last firmware 2.5.3

- Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

I cannot identify any change in the drivers or windows update that has happened recenlty. However, I re install Sound driver for the mother board to the latest version. 

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 paired but no sound from headphones

It is probably something a lot of us here in Windows 7 and 10 have noticed.  You have two devices showing a hands-free and a stereo audio-render.  That is what you got when you paired.  But only the hands-free which is MONO plays and the other is 'offline' and so you can't get stereo.  There is nothing wrong with any of your sound drivers.  Its all about the Bluetooth implementation between your computer and your Bose.

1. Bose is not going to do or change anything to help here.  Many of us have tried.  The market for use of the QC35 with a windows machine is quite small - imho.  This is not their target market when they sell.
2. There is a 'possibility' that one of the Microsoft Windows updates could be interfering.  Intel mentions two "KB"s specifically on their web site for their implementation.

go to Intel.com and add content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022410/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html (I can't do a link or this response is marked as spam)

You may not have Intel and you definately don't have Windows 7 but you may want to uninstall these two to see if that helps.  You may also may want to troubleshoot by uninstall back say all of 2016 and 2017 windows updates to see if that help.  If you get it to work, you can narrow down the culprit.  Otherwise, if still problematic then just reinstall all the updates.

3. Make sure you have the most updated bluetooth drivers.  Then try uninstalling and reinstall drivers back say two or three years to see if any of them work.
4. Then there are vendors like for my Dell laptop, the Intel bluetooth drivers which no way or how can I get them to work - in some cases, they won't even discover.  So I just disable that hardware.  Shame but not worth spending all that time to troubleshoot and in my case, Dell tried to help and got nowhere and Intel isn't helping either PLUS someone here also gave up with Intel.

So I went with an external USB dongle solution which now works on both my desktop and laptop for about $15 (ebay) - SMK USB Nano Dongle with CSR bluetooth software driver stack.  It works where Intel didn't.  I don't like tieing up a USB port but I really don't want to spend any more time working the issue.