Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2016

Re: no sound after pairing bose qc35 with window 10 HP pc

Hello, my Q35 work perfectly in my mobile device, also in my laptop with windows 10. But I can't make them work in my windows 8.1 pc I've got an ASUS maximus VII Formula motherboard, it was super difficult to pair the headphones with it, I even had to use Bose connect in my mobile to make it pair in my pc but I cannot get them connected, I cant set my headphones as default playback device. I already tried to update every driver in the bluetooth section, there is nothing about Q35 in the human interface devices as iblink suggested, I dont have ''other devices'' as Sraina suggested, I tried everything in the link Mike_NHL shared, I even updated the firmware of the headphones through the shared link. My pc recognices and connects perfectly with other devices I have. What else can I try? Please help. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

I recently bought a pair of QC35 headphones. They were my first bluetooth headphone purchase. I paired them with my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro without any problems. It was fast and effortless. I then tried to pair these headphones to my Dell laptop which is running Win7. What a nightmare! I've tried everything I could think of plus most of the ideas listed above. Nothing works.
My headphones are listed in the Bluetooth Devices on my PC however when I troubleshoot them Windows tells me that the driver for this device was not installed. When I attempt to apply the fix and install the driver, it just fails.
Migrated ImageIt seems my Bose headphones are not compatible with Microsoft.
I'll start searching for a Windows download but I haven't found anything yet. Anyone else found something like this?
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2016

Has anyone found a fix for the not pairing issue? I have the QC35 and tried pairing them with my windows 10 PC (qualcomm bluetooth adapter) but receive the following message: Migrated Image
I went a head and bought a different bluetooth adapter (Azio BTD-V401) which did NOT fix the issue. I was able to pair on my iphone without any problems.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2016

I have the same problem as Stracky. When I try to add the headphones, the drivers can't be installed, and I get the following screen. Troubleshooting doesn't do anything to fix it. I've used the updater to update the headphones to 1.0.6 and still have the same problem. Help!?
Migrated Image

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Stracky & MD1971 
The only drivers involved in the process of these headphones are the drivers for the bluetooth antenna or wireless card on your computer. These are drivers that would need to be updated through the Manufacturer's support site ( http://www.dell.com/support in your case) and not through the windows utility. Visit that site and look up the model # for your laptop to find available drivers.
Your Bluetooth antenna on the computer also needs to support all the following Bluetooth services: 
A2DP
HFP
AVRCP
If any of these are not supported, Windows will not be able to recognize the headset as an audio device and connect successfully. Older hardware may not be compatible with some or all of these. 
colibris
the Icon you are showing next to the Bose headset (and in the error message) indicates you are trying to add it as a multimedia device. Generally the headset should show up with an icon showing a set of headphones. If this is an alternate option on the bluetooth pairing list, try selecting this version of the QC35 and see if pairing goes better. 
If it only shows up with this icon and no other then let us know. Thank you. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2016

I think the problem with windows is the use of the headphones and the microphone simultaneously via bluetooth...
Try this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-bose-quietcomfort-35...
But you will not have the mic.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2016

How to sync a Bose QC35 with a Windows 10 PC.
Assuming that you have tried to pair and connect a Bose QC35 with a computer running Windows 10 and were unsuccessful, do the following steps in sequence.

1. On the QC35, push the button on the right earpiece all the way to the Bluetooth sign and hold it there for at least 10 seconds. Do this with the headset on your head, so you can hear the commands: “all paired devices cleared” and “ready to pair.” (These may not be the exact phrases you hear, but close.)

2. When the QC35 has spoken, lift your finger off the button, and the QC35 will return the button to the “on” position. Leave it there and put the QC35 somewhat close to your PC (3-6 feet).

3. On the PC, right-click the start button and click Control Panel.

4. Click on “Device Manager.” Then click on the > next to “Bluetooth.”  If you see “Bose QC35” in that list, right click it and delete it.

5. Close “Device Manager” and click on “Devices and Printers.” If you see any “Bose QC35” in the list of devices, right-click it and remove it.

6. Close Control Panel and locate the Bluetooth icon on the right side of the task bar (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). Click on it and then click on “Add a Bluetooth device.”

7. Because your QC35 is still in “Pairing” mode, you will see one or more buttons on that screen that say “Bose QC35 Ready to Pair.”

8. Click on the depiction that shows QC35 with a headset icon (not a phone and screen icon) and the pairing will start. Be patient, as software has to be (re)loaded to the Device Manager.

9. After that process is complete, go back to “Control Panel” and click on “Sound.” Find “Headphones, Bose QC35 Stereo and make that the Default. Get out of Control Panel.

10. Go to the Speaker icon on the taskbar and make sure it is set to 100%.

11. Now put your QC35 on your head and play some music on your computer. You should hear the sound through the QC35. If you do not, it might be that the volume has been decreased to zero on the QC35, so push the Volume (+) button on the QC35 repeatedly until you hear the music.

12. Enjoy.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

I can't connect my Quite comfort 35 with Asus G75V runing on Windows 7 64-bit
I try to update all drivers but no improvement.
Migrated Image
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 4, 2016

Hello Bose Team,
I have bought Bose QC35 head phones i have connected it with my phones its working fine but when i am connecting laptop Dell windos 7 its getting paired but i am unable to hear a sound may i know what is theporblem or any siftwarei need to install pl send the screenshots so it will be helpfull or else steps i need connect any condition as i m ging for vaccation
Thanks
Pavan  
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Maris1982,

Can you try to reboot your PC and re-test to see if that helps? Have you been able to successfully pair your QC35s with a smart phone or tablet? If so, you may want to contact Asus at https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Hi Pava,

If you haven’t done so already, please visit http://www.dell.com/support and lookup the model # for your laptop to find available drivers.  Your computer will need to be able to support A2DP, HFP, and AVRCP and have the appropriate drivers installed to get this to work.

Thank you