Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 paired but no sound from headphones

It is probably something a lot of us here in Windows 7 and 10 have noticed.  You have two devices showing a hands-free and a stereo audio-render.  That is what you got when you paired.  But only the hands-free which is MONO plays and the other is 'offline' and so you can't get stereo.  There is nothing wrong with any of your sound drivers.  Its all about the Bluetooth implementation between your computer and your Bose.

1. Bose is not going to do or change anything to help here.  Many of us have tried.  The market for use of the QC35 with a windows machine is quite small - imho.  This is not their target market when they sell.
2. There is a 'possibility' that one of the Microsoft Windows updates could be interfering.  Intel mentions two "KB"s specifically on their web site for their implementation.  I can't do a link or this response is marked as spam.  So go Google "intel bluetooth knowledgebase microsoft". You may not have Intel and you definately don't have Windows 7 but you may want to uninstall these two to see if that helps.  You may also may want to troubleshoot by uninstall back say all of 2016 and 2017 windows updates to see if that help.  If you get it to work, you can narrow down the culprit.  Otherwise, if still problematic then just reinstall all the updates.

3. Make sure you have the most updated bluetooth drivers.  Then try uninstalling and reinstall drivers back say two or three years to see if any of them work.
4. Then there are vendors like for my Dell laptop, the Intel bluetooth drivers which no way or how can I get them to work - in some cases, they won't even discover.  So I just disable that hardware.  Shame but not worth spending all that time to troubleshoot and in my case, Dell tried to help and got nowhere and Intel isn't helping either PLUS someone here also gave up with Intel.

So I went with an external USB dongle solution which now works on both my desktop and laptop for about $15 (ebay) - SMK USB Nano Dongle with CSR bluetooth software driver stack.  It works where Intel didn't.  I don't like tieing up a USB port but I really don't want to spend any more time working the issue.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Thanks so much for your reply. I do have Windows 10 and Intel-based motherboard. However, I don't have natively a bluetooth in my motherboard and I am using a dongle ASUS BT-400. I know that probably you don't know all the answers, but do you think if I switch to another dongle, could it work better?

regards, 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I sort of remember someone else having an issue with ASUS here.  I can't guarantee another dongle - even the one I have - will work any better.  I once tried INSIGNIA and that didn't work.   The mileage varies on these dongles.  You can continue to troubleshoot this one or try another like the SMK (which you buy on eBay for $10.95 (last one I purchased) or Amazon for $15.19, for example).  If you try SMK, let us know if it works or not.  The way I work with it is I pair the device. That generally will not be enough and it won't initially worh.  I then go to Bose Connect, disconnect it with the slider and then reconnect it and that seems to do it.