Highlighted
apack
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

qc30 mic interference

i just got a new pair of qc30 and i had updated to latest firmware version.

i just noticed that when my qc30 is paired with my laptop i can hear noise from the mic, its realy annoying when i try to listen to music and block out surrounding sounds they manage to slip through the back door.

is that pare defective or is there a way to turn off the mic?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: qc30 mic interference

Hi apack,

Thanks for posting!  I have a quick question for you - what kind of laptop do you have and what OS are you running?  It could be an issue with the settings on your laptop so I'd like to look into that.  

Let me know when you get a chance!

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C 

apack
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

sorry for the long delay.

i have a del laptop running windows 10.

i noticed this only happens when i have an app such as skype or slack open where its possible to make calls.

i also noticed that when i am connected only to my phone - galaxy note4  (android) if i am making a call the mic pics up lots of surrounding sounds which i hear.  everything the mic pics up gets magnified and put into my ear.

that makes it realy hard to use this headset for phone calls.

i think both issues are related.

Hey apack!

Based off of what you're describing I'm thinking that the best course of action here for you is to reach out to customer support here. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you with your available options.

Thanks so much for posting and take care,

Shiloh_C 

apack
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

thanks, will do.

apack
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

update: i sent the qc30 to a bose lap to be fixed.

i just got a call from the technician.

everything is ok, the qc30 passed all tests and works as its designed.

when you make a phone call the noise cancellation feature is turned off and it amplifies mechanical sound.

personaly i work in an environemnt with lots of computers, i can hear every mouse click and every keyboard key being pressed. 

its almost impossible to use the qc30 for voice calls in this environment.

unfortunately its too late to return or exchange them.

Hi apack!

Thanks so much for posting in the community.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your QC 30s - I would absolutely suggest that you reach out to customer support here. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to give you more information on next steps.

I hope you're well!

Take care,

Shiloh_C