hkghammo
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

quiet control 30

Hi My QC 30 are coming apart at the ends.  I purchased them in March 17 so out of warranty but noticed this about 6 months ago and did nothing about it.  I feel this is a manufacturing problem and for a $300 pair of head sets not really good enough.  I have many other bose products but this is the first one I've had a construction problem with.  My stereo system and outside speakers are 18 years old and sitll perfect.  

So do others have this problem with the QC 30 BT earbuds, and what are bose doing about it.

6 REPLIES 6
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: quiet control 30

Hi hkghammo,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear that. I would recommend contacting your local support team who would be happy to assist. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Mistic67
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Same here - a $300 product that has intermittent audio with my BT computer and is falling apart.

I think I've lost my respect for Bose - the only good product I have is some of their speakers.  I think I'll stick to that from now on.

square.doc10
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

I had a similar problem with the fist one I bought but it totally destructed in about 6 months and quit working completely.  The botom and top rubber covers came free on both left and right sides and then the top hard plastic top debonded from the lower hard plastic on the right side.   I got a second one under warranty in late Februrary 2018 and it is now doing much the same.  On the right side the bottom rubber cover is more than an inch longer than the under hard plastic case.  I have to peel back this cover and use a finger nail to engage the switch to turn the unit on and off.  The cover has moved to the point that I have to peel back the cover in order to open the rubber cover for the charging port.  The bottom cover has moved so that only about 10% of the charging port cover is visible in the hole in the bottom cover.  The left side has only extended a small amount so it is working acceptably.  I really love these earphones and use them every night.  I sleep with them on and they have improved the quality of my sleep dramatically.  I travel with them and would not think of sleeping with out them.  They kill all of the nuisance noise and I just get high quality sleep.  One of the things that I really like is that they have a battery that works for 20 hours and that is a real plus in my mind.  So the bottom line is this normal wear, is it poor choice of fabrication methods, poor choice of adhesives, poor design or is my use beyond design basis?

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi square.doc10,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience. It is unusual that 2 pairs of headphones would have the same problem. I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. They would be able to give you service options for your headphones. Here is a link with contact information. click on your country, scroll down until you see " Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

jchk
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I also have the same issue, the rubbish loose and power button got mis-alignment. There is no way I can switch it on. However I think it is a shame to dump it just like that. Do you problem similar to the one is the following video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZl7jqbAO1k&t=26s

Maybe I can try to mail it to Dave Jones from EEVblog and see if he can provide some kind of fix to us? How do you think?

Had theses headphones for awhile but for $300 it's not worth it
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi jchk,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would contact your local support team using the link provided.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support