Highlighted
zero7404
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

soundsport wireless fit questions ...

currently trying these out to figure out whether they are worth getting.

as i expected, not getting a good fit with the included tips and i am using the smallest ones which feel like they are too large to work correctly in my ears.

they go in and stay but after a while will loosen. i am twisting them in correctly. the horn on the tip will not nestle itself in and slightly pops out at the very top.

i also have a pair of eytmotic er-4p earphones and use the silicon tree shaped tips which form a complete seal and dont hurt as much.

wanted wireless and easy on/off without moistening the silicone to get them on snugly.

wondering, are there eartips out there that are smaller than the stayhear+ smalls - and will work with these earphones ?

not willing to do custom molded
18 REPLIES 18
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: soundsport wireless fit questions ...

We all have different shaped ears don't we and for some the StayHears just don't seem seem to work well. My wife is one of them. What works best for her are the original Bose IE headphones tips that don't have the wings. Have you tried sacrificing a small pair of StayHears by cutting off the wings? Maybe its the wing that's tipping them outward. Just a thought.

zero7404
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

not quite to that point yet (changing the stock tips).

just wondering if there are smaller eartips that will fit on the soundsport wireless.

they sound good enough that they may be worth it, along with good play time ...

some other brands i’ve seen have 1/2 moon shaped wings - looks like they would work, but again if the small is too big, then ill have issues.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Zero7404, 

Many thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

We do provide StayHear + tips for the SoundSport Wireless Headphones. If you select this Link, this will take you to the store page to view. they come in 3 sizes (small, medium and large).

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

zero7404
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

are they different sizes than the ones which are included ?

im not able to work with all 3 sizes.
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

By the description they don't appear to be, just a replacement for what came with the set.

Hi Zero7404,

Thank you for taking the time to post again. 

They are the same sizes that are icluded at purchase. 

Have a great day! 

Jessie O - Community Support

zero7404
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

thats not much help.

was looking for alternative ideas before exploring another route (ditching the soundsports for something else or expensive custom ear tips).

Hi zero7404, 

I do apologize for the troubles you have had using the StayHear+ tips. As I am sure you know, we offer three different sizes of tips and we recommend users to try each size to see what fits them best. At this time, there are no options available for tips smaller than the size 'small' included with the headphones, and again I do sincerely apologize for this.

You are more than welcome to try 3rd party tips, although we do not usually recommend this. However, I understand that every user will have different shaped ears, so it may be worth following up on this idea, and to let us know if you are able to find a tip that fits perfect for you. I do hope you are able to continue using your sound sport wireless headphones and experiencing the true Bose sound.

Warm regards,

Sam F

zero7404
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

here is a picture of the smallest tip in my right ear.

uncomfortable and comes loose.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JlZlfs1dYCfJk2pQm7SDRr-YSl6_bwvZ/view?usp=drivesdk