soundsport

Quiet Contributor

soundsport

I’ve got some of the soundsports back in December and this Monday took them on a run. However once I got done, they wouldnt turn off. Thinking they needed to be reset I ran down the batteries until they were dead, then charged them two separate times. Now they won’t turn on at all. Anyone know what is wrong with them?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: soundsport

Hello Puddingtonmax,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. This does not sound great, and we're sorry to see you're having this issue with the battery it seems. Can you tell us which version of the SoundSport headphones? ( Wireless, Pulse, Free)

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done. Can you please try verifying/updating the firmware by visiting btu.bose.com?  

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Yeah so I tried to update them and they are up to date but the moment I take them off the charger the light on them goes off and they will not turn on.  This is not good.  I thought Bose made quality products but to have a pair of headphones for <2 months and them quit on you is kind of garbage.

Quiet Contributor

They are they wireless soundsport inear headphones btw.

Community Manager

Hi Puddingtonmax,

Thanks for the update!

Can you provide us the power output specs of the charger you were using the headset?  Also, have you been able to try a different power supply and USB cable for charging yet?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

I've used the same charger I've used on my beats, on other wireless speakers, on everything micro USB.  They didn't stop functioning when I was charging them.  They went haywire when I was on a run.  They wouldn't shut off.  Now they won't turn on.  I've tried charging them 5 times.  I hooked them up to the computer and did the update.  When I plug them in now the green light comes on because they are completely charged.  Are these things bricks now?  At this point I'm beginning to think I should trash them.

Hi Puddingtonmax,

Thanks for the reply.

We would suggest contacting support over the phone to set up a replacement since your headphones are only two months old. I understand this is frustrating and we would like to get you a new pair so you can enjoy them again. 

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be listed.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support