cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimd37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Re: Feature Requests

It would be nice if the microphone came in a more subtle color like black or dark grey. The bright gold knob is quite noticeable especially for guys with short hair.

JohnEwing
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

My wife and I each purchased hearphones.  (I am a Physician and do multimedia work.  My wife has a PhD in experimental psychology and has done human factors work.) I am pleased and delighted with the hearphones.  I think your development team has done an excellent job of balancing the needs of a typical user and typical environments.  Having set up recording and sound environments and filtered noise out of voices I appreciate the very difficult challenges of this and how well you have done with this.

I can think of a few ways to make it better.  I think your app is simple and effective for most users but many of us need more.

1. I think you need an advanced mode or app for experienced users.

2. I need to pan the left microphone to the right ear.  (deaf in left ear) I saw an earlier informaiton release that there would be a left right and rear function.  I need the left. So I am disappointed about not having this. The IQ buds also fall down in this area.

3. The hearphones do seem to have a sound adaptive function. It would be interesting to adjust this for restaraunt settings.  (I have the IQ buds and Hearone.  The IQ buds restaraunt function with the equalizer function is slightly better in some environments. This is particularly true when there are a lot of people talking loudly in a large room.

4. An equalizer function would be useful.  Ideally this would have a 5 band and a 20 or so band feature so knotch filters could be applied for particular environments.

5. Often, there are people with high pitch voice and low pitch voice and a better way to set up the base and treble would be handy. In particular, being able to broaden the mid range and dampen the very high and very low frequencies would be good for some environments.

6.  I notice when the earbud is removed there can be a high pitched feedback and this soon dampens and stops.  It would seem there is an adaptive function that does this.  This could likely be expanded to help improve vocal signal to noise ratio in noisy environments.  Constant signal is most likely to be noise.  An adaptive function to take out the constant noise and let the sound in the voice range (Hi, mid, low, and broad or narrow range) would help people in these very difficult environments.

7. I would be happy to alpha or beta test various features as they are developed.

Overall your team has done a superb job of balancing simplicity with complexity and producing a useful product with great sound.

John

OneEar
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

I want to make one point clear: I care far more about what I can hear and understand than appearances. If Bose engineers can improve my hearing experience by painting the earpieces blaze orange and hanging something the size and shape of a loaf of bread around my neck, I'm ready to buy. The hearing aid manufacturers have been obsessed with hiding hearing aids. That's nice, but I want to hear better. It is embarassing to broadcast that I can't hear well with ostentatious equipment, but that is nothing compared to the humiliation of not being able to order properly at a restaurant or participate in a conversation among friends. I am so grateful that Bose has chosen hearing over appearances.

kevinh211
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Feature Request - Storage for the earbuds

My hearing is not too bad, but bad enough that in certain settings I appreciate having the Hearphones.  The Hearphone does what it is advertised to do. However, my hearing is not bad enough to require their constant use. So, when not needed, I like to remove them from my ears.  Because there is no storage silo or cable retraction, the buds end up flopping and become a distraction. I don't like having the earbuds dangling from the neck piece when it is not in use. That causes me to remove the entire unit from my neck and then I don't have them for when I do need them because they get left behind.  As a result, I find myself not getting as much utility as I anticipated.  So that is my suggestion:  add some sort of retraction so I can wear the unit without the buds becoming neck danglies. 🙂  I am probably going to return the units for the reasons stated above.

Don't get me wrong, the unit works really well otherwise. In those settings where they are with me and needed, they are fantastic.  I believe in the product enough that I have been a Hearphone evangelist by hyping the product with friends who could use them more than me. At least one friend purchased based on my recommendation and another is considering.

Please fix this ergonomic and I will very likely be a return customer for version 2.

KilleenWizard
Collaborator
Registered since

May 21, 2017

Re: Feature Request - Storage for the earbuds

If you're willing to use a workaround, you might look in the cable management or office supplies section of an office supply. Worst case, maybe a couple of twist ties.
KilleenWizard
Collaborator
Registered since

May 21, 2017

How is this different from vehicle gas flaps which have a bold color? 🙂
bigskynau
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

I have been using the Hearphones for about 3 weeks now, and really enjoy them. I am using them for an open office, and I like the fact that since they are ear buds they reduce the outside noise greatly. After reading the forums, I had no idea that Bose will be updating Firmware! One feature I would love is to be able to adjust noise when talking on the ear phones. This way if someone was talking really loudly in the office this could reduce down that sound. Granted maybe I am doing something wrong and I could already be doing this.    

Jim Kiser
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

The boost feature, which emphasizes higher frequencies, is very nice for audio streaming from my iPhone. I would love to have the same boost feature for conversations.

Fsebs
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

Everything you said!

I tried wearing my hear phones at a trade show I was working. People thought I was listing to music and would not come into booth! A set of clear press ins or what ever you get the point
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for joining the Community. It sounds like you and your wife are enjoying your Hearphones.

I appreciate that you took the the time to document your suggestions. I can't commit to acting on all feature requests, but I promise, we are reading every word.

ST

@JohnEwing