Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Hearphones without Bluetooth

Hi Ryder,

I'm sorry about the confusion.

1. Bluetooth is enabled when your Hearphones are powered on.
  2. You cannot turn off Bluetooth without turning off your Hearphones.
  3. If you are concerned about battery life, you can set your Hearphones to turn off automatically if you have removed the EarTips from your ears.

ST

@Ryder wrote:

Hi ST...

It confuses me.

On the one hand, you say that turning off bluetooth saves battery life... on the other hand, you say you can't turn off bluetooth on the Hearphones...  I'm unsure as to how to reconcile this.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Hearphones without Bluetooth

Hi Valastor,

Thank you for adding your thoughts to the conversation.

ST

@Vastator wrote:

I think a better way to look at it is if you are streaming music or just using the headset by itself to help you hear.    If using it as a standalone to hear better, the battery will last a long time.   If you stream music (or in my case audiobooks from my phone) then the battery life is degraded due to the extra overhead of streaming.   So yes bluetooh is on all the time but if you are not actively streaming by it, then it will last a lot longer.   

davidc1
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Re: Feature Requests

This seems like a good time to reiterate my dealbreaker request:

You must be able to charge the unit at the same time you are using it!

For those of us who travel a lot, or are just away from home long hours (or if you've forgotten to fully charge it), can you imagine how immensely frustrating it is to have the battery die, and then not be able to use the unit while it's charging?

I can charge it in my car or with a portable battery pack at a restaurant or party, but I'm without the benefits of the unit. So, can't have a conversation in the car, at the party or while eating dinner.

"Oh sorry, I can't hear you. My earphones are charging."

Could you imagine if you owned a cell phone that wouldn't work if it was plugged in for charging? You would instantly return it...or throw it against the wall.

The technology is there...but to be fair, you guys aren't the only company to drop this ball...LG, JBL, Phiaton...but they all fixed it in subsequent models.

Come on Bose....dealbreaker for me.

And while we are at it....how about an active noise canceling microphone?!  You guys are the world's best at active noise canceling...every cell phone in the world has them, many other Bluetooth earbuds have them...what's up with that Bose?

Without it, in a very noisy restaurant, in a noisy car with the windows down, the party at the other end of a phone call can't hear me well.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi davidc1,

I understand that you are disappointed that Bose Hearphones cannot be used while charging. This, along with changes to the operation of the microphone are not likely to be changed in this product. 

ST

davidc1
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Yes, this is a bummer. I believe these changes are not possible just with a firmware update.

Hopefully they will be incorporated whenever a new model is introduced?

noktoxic
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

I would love to be able to turn Bluetooth signal off while still being able to use the hearphones solely for hearing. I love my hearphones so I want to use them on all day, but I don't because of all the EMF. At the moment I just turn them on when I know I'm going to interect with people.

Thanks,

CS

noktoxic
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

I too am deaf in one ear. 100% deaf from left ear. I agree, there should be a setting that raises the mic sensitivity on certain sides when in "Everywhere" setting.

The best setting so far for me for most situations is to set to "Front" and raise the left side (deaf side) a lot in order to lower the good side, then raise the world volume way up. I have it at about 80. Works great and I have even been able to use a phone on my deaf side with it. Better than anything I've ever tried. So the tech is there, just need a little tayloring for us unilateral deaf people

lcdano
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

I am Dan, I see by these posts and other's reviews that I am not the only person with my concern. That is my earbuds do not stay engaged. I however feel I know the cause of the issue and wish to provide at least 2 solutions. I cannot speak for others, but I am sure my issue is because my outer ear shape, dimensions and proximity make it so the bud just physically does not reach my ear canal(worse on my righr ear). I offer 2 potential solutions, no 3. :

(1) Offer a (or varying sizes) conical extension to go between the ear bud and the earpiece. I assume this should be glued to the earpiece to reduce the possibility of losing the bud in the ear.

(2) Offer the ear buds in extended lengths.

(3) Partner with a nationwide hearing aid manufacturer to offer professionally molded earpieces that are molded with the adapter for the earpiece. I have started to pursue this option, and as close as I get is a custom molded earpiece that is solid silicone. I would have to drill this and adapt the ear bud adapter cut from an unused ear bud. This would cost me $200 which does not scare me, my objection is the difficulty drilling, cutting and adapting the silicone. It would work better if the hole and adapter were molded in.

I love the product, it is superior to hearing aids I purchased 20 yrs ago ($2100.00 then)  I would gladly act as a beta tester to help develop any of these solutions to improve your produce. Dan 386-623-1558

rbriggs@mail.sdsu.edu
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Hearphones changed our lives for the better!  A key indicator of a good system is that people want to change it.  Here are some heartfelt wishes for the engineers:

1. Crossover option.  Many people, are completely deaf on one side.  For us, Hearphones improve our access to one side of the world, but we remain deaf to the other side.  It would be a powerful boon if we could choose to mix the sound from the dead side with the sound from the good side so we could hear all around. 
  2. Directional sound for single-sided deafness.  I suggest a minor distortion of the crossover sound from the dead side to the good side so the brain can develop directional hearing with just one ear.  A phase shift? A bit of fuzz?  Something subtle but distinugishable should do the trick.
rbriggs@mail.sdsu.edu
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Shoulder Curves.  The Hearphones collar curves in only one plane - around the neck.  Sholders, however, curve front-to-back.  We wind up wearing our Hearphone collar sideways most of the time.  It looks haphazard, like they are about to fall off.  Creates a visual tension in those with whom we converse.  They want to reach over and straigten it  out.   But if they get up the nerve to do it, it just slides sideways again in seconds.  Doesn't have that so-cool Bose quality vibe. Looks like a geek with tape on his glasses.  So easy to fix.  Give it a shoulder curve as well as a neck curve,  like the new Soundware Companion Speaker.  Doesn't even have to be flexible.  Just give it a curve so it can settle nicely on the shoulders and stay there.   Problem solved.  The Hearphones will look and wear as well as they clarify coversation.