Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: Feature Requests

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

> I'll make sure our engineers are aware of your concerns about the comfort and fit of the StayHear+ tips. 

I'm pretty sure that they are. Lot of complaints in the forum. I did think about it enough to suggest a solution that could be implemented as an experiment that could be a replacement tip without a whole new design. Maybe something like this:

tip.jpg

Pretty crude, but you can probably get the idea. A longer and narrower part that goes into the ear canal and then widens out to seal the sound.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Adding this note from JerryN.

@JerryN wrote:

I have been using my Hearphone 'ears' for about 4 weeks. I have several modes saved for various scenarios in different locations. So, I pull my phone out, start the app, select MODES and scroll to the one for this location. If the Bose app could connect to my IFTTT app it could be triggered to change MODES as my GPS location changes. This would not work for all needs for MODE changes but it could when I get home, get to church, get to work, to grocery store, etc. IFTTT can assist any phone app to external conditions....location, weather, schedules, security.....So Bose, can you make the app to app connection ? Thanks, 

ST

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Adding this note from JerryN - Dynamic Range

@JerryN wrote:

I hear severe distortion with loud sounds before I use the Hearphones.  Hearing test agree with this. So I really hear distortion when I use them and have the world volume boosting the level to compensate for my overall hearing loss and then the Treble/Bass at +8 to 12 to increase the vocal  sibilance. I have trouble when forks and spoons clank on plates, dishes hit the sink, garage tools...anything with lots of high frequency energy. These are all severely distorted to my ears (just me, not the Bose). So can you give me a more aggressive peak limiter, particularly for higher frequencies to limit the dynamic range of the sound coming into my ears? It probably should be on an advanced control page ...with a variable control... because  maybe not everyone needs this. Maybe the same page that others are asking for that has a graphic eq! Several bands of graphic eq could help me as well. Now when I adjust the Bass/Treble for an increase of vocal sibilance I seem to reduce the bass response. This is ok for normal life but not for listening to live music or TV...I want the bass too! Anyway, thanks for giving me a tool to help my hearing, now I just want more 🙂

So when I have the world volume boosting the level to compensate for my overall hearing loss and then the Treble/Bass at +8 to 12 to increase the vocal  sibilance , I have trouble when forks and spoons clank on plates, dishes hit the sink, garage tools...anything with lots of high frequency energy. These are all severely distorted to my ears(just me, not the Bose I am sure). So can you give me a more aggressive peak limiter, compressor , particularly for higher frequencies? It probably should be on an advanced control page ...with a variable control... because not everyone needs this. Maybe the same page that others are asking for that has a graphic eq! Thanks for giving me a tool to help my hearing, now I just want more  

bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

I have the same problem with high-frequency high-energy sounds as @JerryN, and I don't raise the treble as much. The explanation I got in a previous forum thread was the system could not handle those sounds so they distorted. I stopped worrying about them, but would also like a peak limiter.

Evaneo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Hello,

Could you include a system similar to the "Aumeo" device?
This consists of testing each ear on 8 different frequencies to best match our hearing. Once done, a profile is applied directly in the device and can be saved to save several (as Hearphones already does)

Personally, in my unilateral hearing loss, I have the frequency of 4k which is still good enough compared to others which forces me to lower the world volume not to do hyperacusis in this frequency because the hearphones offer only a basic adjustment to treble or bass.

If a device like Aumeo distributes this function for a consumer device, I'm sure Bose could develop a similar system. I have hope !

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for writing to tell us about your experiences with your Bose Hearphones. We are curious to know how they work for you and the changes you would like for them to work better for you. 

Although we can't comment on things that may or may not be in development, we appreciate and value your suggestions.

Thank you! Your contributions here are invaluable.

ST

formosa
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Feature Requests

EQ to match hearing test results

It would be very helpful to have a EQ to match hearing test results. Ideally this would be for each ear. When you get an audiogram - it shows 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 (would be good to have 10000, 12000, 14000) with the loss in db for each ear.

My left ear loss graph looks quite different than my right ear. If an EQ was provided that allowed to match each freq to 0-20 db (normal hearing) --- and I realize this wouldn't be scientific or medically any warranty. But it would allow a much better dialing in of assistance needed for each individual. Again per ear would be ideal. As someone mentioned before, this could be an advanced option.

Also would ask to have user saved settings "outdoors", "tv", "restaurant", "office" etc.

Thanks very much for a wonderful product.

formosa
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Feature Requests

Tinnitus white nois inject

Possible to add a white noise feature to inject a low level of white noise (adjustible) --- this would help those with Tinitus but allow users to keep on with normal activities and hearing. The issue with using a white noise app on the phone and listening to it - is that you can't do anything else.

Barefoot Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I'm new to the Hearphones "family" and I've just read through all 14 pages of this thread. Lots of good suggestions already, but I have a couple of my own to add.

1: Add an option for varying the acceptance angle of the directional modes. Or at least add an additional option that's narrower than "focused". While "focused" (90 degrees?) is fine for conversational distances, a narrower arc (maybe the ability to choose among 15, 30, and 45 degrees) would really help hearing speakers in an auditorium or large room when you aren't able to get a seat close to the front. It would help further reduce distractions from room echoes and/or audience noise.

2: Not everyone has identical hearing curves in both ears. The balance control helps, but often (in my case, for example) hearing is balanced over most of the range, but begins to diverge at higher frequencies. Perhaps having a separate bass/treble control for each ear, or better yet, keep the single control as-is, and add an "expert" screen that offers separate parametric (frequency and level) high-frequency boost for each ear independently. 

Habakkuk
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

I posted a long message on "Tell us your story", and made some app suggestions for the Hearphones which I am repeating here.

1. Provide a ‘lock’ button of some sort, so that as I’m replacing my phone in its’ holder I don’t accidently dramatically change the volume control (which happens more than I would like.)
  2. Relocate the mute button from the bottom of the volume wheel. It seems when I mute I frequently also accidently and unknowingly hit the volume wheel so that when I unmute I either can’t hear at all or the volume blasts me out.
  3. I would prefer digital volume and treble control buttons to the analogue wheel.