cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chefjc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Re: Feature Requests

I would like to connect to a TV like wireless headphones that connect to the audio. I like to watch TV while my husband sleeps without him being bothered by the noise of the TV. 

Barefoot Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

@chefjc wrote:

I would like to connect to a TV like wireless headphones that connect to the audio. I like to watch TV while my husband sleeps without him being bothered by the noise of the TV. 

Well, I don't know if Bose makes/sells one, but you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that will connect to your TV's audio output and then you can listen with your Hearphones (or any other Bluetooth wireless headphones, for that matter).

Here's the one I got; it's quite reasonably priced and takes either digital (optical) or analog input and even includes the cables to connect to your television:  https://amzn.to/2MpF1EH

Bluetooth Transmitter/ReceiverBluetooth Transmitter/Receiver

Lip
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Re: Feature Request - fast way to defeat the Acoustic Noise Cancellation

This is an important point and Bose has done nothing about it since you first made it in 2017! When I got my Hearphones this week (Jan 2019) I posted nearly the same observation, just before I saw yours!
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Barefoot Mike,

Thanks for helping out.  Bose doesn't sell a wireless transmitter, but as you noted, they are readily available from other sources.

ST

@Barefoot Mike wrote:

@chefjc wrote:

Well, I don't know if Bose makes/sells one, but you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that will connect to your TV's audio output and then you can listen with your Hearphones (or any other Bluetooth wireless headphones, for that matter).

Here's the one I got; it's quite reasonably priced and takes either digital (optical) or analog input and even includes the cables to connect to your television:  https://amzn.to/2MpF1EH

Bluetooth Transmitter/ReceiverBluetooth Transmitter/Receiver

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Feature Requests

Hi Lip,

@Lip wrote:
Re: Feature Request - fast way to defeat the Acoustic Noise Cancellation

This is an important point and Bose has done nothing about it since you first made it in 2017! When I got my Hearphones this week (Jan 2019) I posted nearly the same observation, just before I saw yours!

Thank you for writing to tell us about your experiences with your Bose Hearphones.

We can't always incorporate changes that come up in this discussion, but we are listening to every word.  We learn what features are important to people and look for signs of how many people would value those features.

Although we can't comment on things that may or may not be in development, we appreciate and value your suggestions.

Thank you! Your contributions here are invaluable.

ST

Barefoot Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

This one isn't exactly a feature request for Hearphones, but rather a request for a new product and/or feature to add to other headphones, inspired by an existing Hearphones feature.

I really love the Bluetooth Boost feature, allowing me to add extra volume and high frequency compensation to Bluetooth audio and phone calls. It seems like this would be a great feature either to add to other headsets, or make a new model that incorporates such a feature. It would be excellent for people or situations where louder/brighter audio is needed, but not the "convesation enhancing" features. This could be offered at a lower cost, as it would be simpler.

One might suppose this could be accomplished with your device's equalizer, except that:

a) the equalizer won't actually BOOST the sound level... increasing the high frequency bands results in lowering the overall volume as the device is designed (for hearing safety?) to limit overall output, and

b) the equalizer settings have no effect on telephone calls.

An option with wired headsets is an inline headphone amplifier, but there is no equivalent for Bluetooth, so having a boost mode built into even an otherwise basic Bluetooth headset would be a welcome feature for many users who may not want (or be able) to spend the higher price for Hearphones just to get that feature.

I could see it added to the app for app-enabled headsets, and maybe an extra button or switch added to any model.

slklein
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

I just discovered there is also a Bose Hear widget which allows adjusting World Volume, Base Treble, Directivity without opening the app.

slklein
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Two advantages of the current Hearphone over a behind-the-ear devise (which admittedly is almost invisible):

It is easier to have one of a behind the ear device fall out and get lost than it would be to lose a whole Hearphone;

The mike on the behind the ear device faces up and toward the back, while the Hearphone mike is in a more natural position.

rahaaspe@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Whistle (Feeback) In Left Ear Bud

I am having similar feedback problem.  I have tried every choice of buds and the best I can come up with is the medium buds but I still get feedback with any movement of my head.  It is improved if I keep the neck loop outside my shirt as this minimizes movement of the wires.  I have molded tips for my hearing aids and would love to be able to use them for Hearphones.

I much prefer the Hearphones and wish they had longer battery life as I would wear them 18 hours a day in place of the hearing aids.

My wife wishes there were alternative wire colors to choose.

My wish list:

1. Use my custom ear molds in place of Bose buds.
  2. 18 hour plus for battery life.
  3. Flesh tone wire choices.
bhaugen
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Main suggestions for improvement

I've been using my hearphones for more than a year, and have found two main weaknesses in the design. But before I get to those, I think hearphones are a great advance for the hard-of-hearing, including myself. I can hear much better than with my previous medical hearing aids, at a tenth of the price. So I am not complaining as an unhappy customer.

But the two main weaknesses are:

1. The heartips, which are both uncomfortable and do not close off my ear well enough to prevent squeaking. In order to prevent squeaking, I need to mash the tips harder into my ears. I thought my ears would toughen up, but my left ear is bleeding right now and I had to take the hearphones off for probably a day. (We'll see, but a day is usually enough.)

2. The small screen over the speaker (under the eartips) is fragile and is really easy to damage in cleaning, even with the recommended procedure. Moreover, it is difficult to clean, and I think not being clean enough leads to more feedback problems.

The heartips would be easy to experiment with if you wanted to fix them. Just send out some experimental versions to selected customers and get their opinions. I volunteer for that job.

The screens are probably more difficult. Best idea I can come up with is removable/replaceable screens, so they could be removed for cleaning and replaced if damaged in cleaning.

So anyway, those are my suggestions. Please consider them, they come from a voice of experience.