cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headphones
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

QC20 Left Ear Static Noise

In the past two years I have purchased:

3x Bose QuietComfort 20

3x Bose QuietComfort 25

1x Bose QuietComfort 35QC

The QuietComfort 25 kept breaking down and produced a loud beep sound. The product was replaced by the store and later it was replaced with the QuietComfort 35QC which has been performing very well without an issue (great improvement).

The first QuietComfort 20 (in-ear) that I purchased has performed well for +/- 6 months and then also occasionally produced the loud beep sound. The beep sound could be undone by blowing on the bud so I have accepted the issue and kept using it, until after +/- 1 year (after purchase) the left ear also started to produce a loud noise/static which was unbearable.

The QuietComfort 20 had 2 years warranty, however, because the store had been replacing the QuietComfort 25 for 3 times, I decided to simply purchase a new one.

The second day the new QuietComfort 20 produced a loud beep sound and after a week also a static sound. I returned it and received a new one. 

Regrettably, also the replacement has started to produce a loud static noise and cracking sound (very loud) after just 2 weeks usage.

I have used the headphones with great care. They have been put back into the case and haven't become wet. They have been used extensively for +12 hours per day (office) but I have no idea what could have been a factor for the headphones to break down.

I hereby want to ask support. I have the following questions:

1) is the issue known?

2) what can be done to prevent or resolve the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: QC20 Left Ear Static Noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by headphones

Hi!,

Thank you for providing that information.

It is very unusual that you are getting this issue, especially as it has been happening with multiple sets and models of headphones.

So we can look into this in some more detail with you could you please contact your local support team?  You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let em know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to post - I do apologize for the troubles you've experienced so far.

The issue you're describing does seem quite unusual, especially since you are taking great care of the product.

Would you be able to let me know: 

1) Were you using the same device each time you noticed these issues?

2) If so, what device was this being used?

3) Also, have you ever noticed this same beep/static issue with the QuietComfort 35 headphones?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
headphones
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the super fast response!

1) Were you using the same device each time you noticed these issues?

Yes.

2) If so, what device was this being used?

The topic is started about the QuietComfort 20 (in-ear). The product currently in use is 3 weeks old. This morning it started to produce a loud cracking and static sound (extremely loud). That sound did not disappear or reduce when blowing on the bud however after about 1 hour it did transform into a soft static sound. The right ear does not have the issue. The battery was 100% full.

3) Also, have you ever noticed this same beep/static issue with the QuietComfort 35 headphones?

The issue has never occured with the QuietComfort 35 II. It has consistently performed well.

Community_Admin

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

I do apologize - my questions were not worded in the clearest of ways.

What device were you using with the QuietComfort 20s? As in what were they plugged into when being used? Did you ever switch to using anything else when you had these issues?

Also, have you tried using the QuietComfort 35 ii with the audio cable to see if you experience the same issues with the other headphones?

I look forward to hearing back.

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
headphones
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Thanks again for the support!

The static/cracking sound was present with the use of a small MP3 player or when disconnected (no change). 

The loud beep sound in QC 20 and QC 25 also were present connected or disconnected (no change). 

The QuietComfort 35 ii was used with an audio cable. It has not had any issues and performed very well.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by headphones

Hi!,

Thank you for providing that information.

It is very unusual that you are getting this issue, especially as it has been happening with multiple sets and models of headphones.

So we can look into this in some more detail with you could you please contact your local support team?  You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let em know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L 

headphones
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

The item was replaced again by the store. Thank you for the great service/warranty!