Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
xeno1412
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2021

QC35ii pairing issue with Windows 10

Bose product name QC 35ii

Country -USA

Firmware Version 4.8.1

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on HP Laptop windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - I originally had my bose quiet comfort headphones connected to my laptop and didn't have an issue. I turned them on earlier and despite the computer stating they were paired, they would not connect and music would not play through them when connected to my laptop. I cleared the device off of the computer, post restarting because at first, the device didn't want to delete. Once it was deleted, I tried to repair the headphones. They didn't appear right away, it took 4 tries just for the device to appear in the list of devices I could connect to. Now they appear without issue the problem is they refuse to connect. It just says "connecting" and I'll get a prompt on my phone that says Your device is ready to set up, I click set up, and nothing happens. I then went to control panel, Bluetooth, add a device and clicked on the headphones to pair them that way - control panel freezes and stops responding. Nothing is working and I have no idea what's wrong. The headphones connect just fine to my galaxy phone

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? today 5/16/2021 and yes it did work just fine previously

Any troubleshooting steps you took -  I have restarted my laptop, I have cleared my Bluetooth devices off of my laptop, I have restarted the headphones multiple times, I have done everything I can think to do to fix this issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
xeno1412
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2021

Re: QC35ii pairing issue with Windows 10

I would also like to say, I have searched this topic all over the place and have not found a solution for headphones just not connecting. I've seen issues where they're paired, but I can't even get them to pair anymore. 

Liam_G

Re: QC35ii pairing issue with Windows 10

Hello Xeno1412 and welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear that you are having connection issues with your headphones. I will be happy to assist you with this. 

I see that you have already removed the headphones from the laptop and tried to reconnect. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on the headphones themselves? 

You can clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones to refresh and help them connect with ease. You can check out how to do this via the support article here.
Scroll down the page until you see "Clear your product memory of previously-connected Bluetooth® devices"

I also recommend that you check out the "Reset your product" and "Reboot the Bluetooth device" suggestions on that page as well as these can also help to resolve the issue. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!