A bandpass filter, an EQ, maybe even a notch filter.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

A bandpass filter, an EQ, maybe even a notch filter.

Hi @eritter  - Eloy

We've made note of your request and I'd like to explore this in more detail.

How and when would you use these features? A bandpass filter, an EQ, maybe even a notch filter. 

Thanks,

ST

eritter wrote in the Feature :

Hello, It would be nice to have a "pro" feature in the App that allows a poweruser to manipulate more things in the DSP.

A bandpass filter, an EQ, maybe even a notch filter. That would be great. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Eloy

3 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: A bandpass filter, an EQ, maybe even a notch filter.

Hello.

Been able to manipulate the DSP manually combined with an spectrum analyzer would be great. Doing It by ear could be done but not as precise.

The spectrum analyzer does not need to be incorporated in the app, I could use another app for that and the phone microphone.

That way you could "visually" correct the noise around.

Lets say I have a low frequency noise you want to reduce, I could use a hi-pass filter.

If a electronic device generates a audible noise in a specific frequency, like an old CRT TV or a power adapter with a bad capacitor, then a notch filter could be used.

Also, voice goes from 300 Hz to about 3400 Hz, a configurable bandpass filter could be adapted to different voices and situations.

Eloy

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eloy,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

You've given me lots of food for thought. I was out last night with my Hearphones and your post had me thinking and listening for sounds that I would want to remove (hi-pass filter), pinpoint and remove (notch filter), or isolate by frequency (bandpass filter).

These are interesting ideas. Thank you for giving me a reason to ponder them.

ST

Quiet Contributor

I forgot to give an example of a possible use for a parametric equalizer.

- If I'm in a room with many people listening to music, I can personalize mi listening experience to my taste.

BTW, a good visual interface of bandpass, high-pass and notch filters does not need to be complicated to regular users. They do not need to know anything about db, octave, white or pink noise, etc...

Just see things in the screen, swipe and hear the changes.

Eloy