Article in the New Yorker

Highlighted

Article in the New Yorker

Community,

David Owen from the The New Yorker posted a nice article titled "High-Tech Hope for the Hard of Hearing" http://nyer.cm/of1C9e2 that covers Hearphones.

How does his experience compare to yours?

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Article in the New Yorker

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing this article. It gave me helpful insights into what has happened to my hearing. I was embarrased at how often I laughed at these all too familiar situations. 

ST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bringing this article back into focus.

The New Yorker posted a nice article titled "High-Tech Hope for the Hard of Hearing" http://nyer.cm/of1C9e2 that covers Hearphones.

Sound familiar?

ST

Friendly Fanatic

It was this article that I discovered online two years after it was published that started my thinking about Bose. I asked my wife to call for phone conversations had become quite difficult. I would remove one of my hearing aids, because I could hear calls better with my cell phone turned up without mediation of the hearing aid.  She made an appointment, which she cancelled because something came up in her schedule. That night we tried to teach a half dozen students to bake challah. I could help with the baking, but not hear our students. Sometime, driving home, I lost one of the invisible hearing aids (no, not intentional). I never noticed it was missing until I tried to take it out in order to answer the phone. I had lost an earlier model years before and not found it until we moved.

The next day we went to the Bose store, and I tried the Hearphone. Then we walked to a small cafe a few steps away. We sipped and looked at each other. She asked if we should go home and think about. I replied, wanting to know what we planned to think about. We arose, walked back to Bose, and bought the Hearphones. I have worn them every day for six weeks. They are fine for music, but I rarely use their Bluetooth music capabilities. I bought them to enhance conversation, and I want the battery's entire power reserved for that purpose. Friends have begun talking with me again.