Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Best TV Bluetooth streamser for the Hearphone?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Best TV Bluetooth streamser for the Hearphone?

Hi, jmayner,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

Are you trying to hear the audio from your TV through the Bluetooth capability in your Bose Hearphones?

Many modern TVs have Bluetooth capability built-in. Please check the owner's guide for your TV to verify if it supports a connection to Bluetooth headphones.

If your TV does not support Bluetooth, then it must have an analog audio output or headphone jack as a source for a Bluetooth transmitter.  You'll need to check your owner's guide to confirm.

There are lots of Bluetooth transmitters available. We don't make specific recommendations for third-party products.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

thanks for the response.

What I was looking for was not a brand endorsement but Tech. Specs.

Jon

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Jon.

Bose Hearphones support Bluetooth version 4.1. 

If you get a Bluetooth transmitter for your TV, you'll need to make sure TV output and transmitter input are compatible. 

Please confirm you have Bose Hearphones - or do you have a different Bose product?

Hearphones.png

Will you be listening to the TV with other people in the room?

If you need more specific technical details, please give us a link to the owner's manual for your TV.

Thanks,

ST

Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Yes bought the Bose Hearphones .  One Month old and love them.  Especially the rock solid Bluetooth/phone connection.

I will be listening to TV and talking to others in the room. 

If I get a bluetooth streamer v 5.0 can I assume it is compatible with my Hearphone's 4.1?

Jon 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Jon.

I'm delighted to hear you are enjoying your Bose Hearphones.

"If I get a bluetooth streamer v 5.0 can I assume it is compatible with my Hearphone's 4.1?"

Yes - however, not all TVs can provide a suitable connection to a Bluetooth transmitter. You'll need to make sure the TV and Bluetooth transmitter are compatible.

"I will be listening to TV and talking to others in the room. "

Most of the TVs I have looked at cannot support a Bluetooth connection AND provide the sound in the air at the same time. The Bluetooth connection is usually private from the TV to the listener with Bluetooth headphones. This is great if you want to watch without disturbing others.

If you are sharing the TV sound with others in the room the simplest approach is to use the TV speakers. Set the volume to suit everyone else in the room and manage what you hear with the Hearphones WORLD VOLUME.

Here are some notes

Bose Hearphones with TV: Private and Social Listening

ST