Highlighted
Hyderr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Bluetooth version

Which version of Bluetooth does the Hearphone use?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: Bluetooth version

Hi Hyderr,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

Bose Hearphone support Bluetooth version 4.1.  What version of Bluetooth does your Bluetooth device support?

ST

Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Bluetooth 4.1 allows manufacturers to specify the reconnection timeout intervals for their devices.  What timeout is used on Hearphones

Community Manager

Hi Murrydog,

Are you talking about the Bluetooth connection interval?

If so, that parameter is controlled by the master (central device).

A BLE connection interval is the time between two data transfer events (BLE connection events) between the central and the peripheral device. The theoretical value ranges from 7.5 ms to 4 secs (with increments of 1.25 ms). A few notes regarding BLE connection intervals:

• The connection is established with the interval parameter value set by the master (central) device. However, the peripheral may suggest/request different values. The master still has the final say in the values and may end up choosing values different than but closer to the requested values. However, this feature allows dynamic changes in the connection interval (and thus the throughput speed) during a connection which may address a need in larger data transfers.

ST

Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Thanks for the reply. The only think I know for sure is I have 2 bluetooth head phones, Bluetooth speakers and I connect to my truck with Bluetooth. The only product that has issues is the hearphones. They drop out, and take a long time to connect.  I love the hearphones but this is a issue.

Hyderr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Hi,

I am not having an issue other than wanting to connect via Bluetooth with greater ease and less latency (if possible). The transmitter I am considering is the Avantree Oasis Plus APTX HD Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver and you can find it on Amazon. I do not know for sure it would help with the delay. However, it should at least make connecting my headset while leaving external speakers active much easier than my current experience. They also advertise that two Bluetooth devices may connect simultaneously. While that sounds good, I do not currently need to connect more than one at a time. It is mostly the need to connect hearphones while leaving the speakers active....and less latency!

You may have a better suggestion...please advise.

And thanks,

Hyderr

Community Manager

Hi Hyderr,

Thanks for the additional information.  Are you exploring this idea so you can use Bluetooth while watching the TV?

If so, please see this note:

Hearphones and Television: Private and Social Listening

Your Bose Hearphones use the Bluetooth A2DP not aptX. I doubt you'll hear a decrease in the latency.

ST

@Hyderr wrote:

Hi,

I am not having an issue other than wanting to connect via Bluetooth with greater ease and less latency (if possible). The transmitter I am considering is the Avantree Oasis Plus APTX HD Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver and you can find it on Amazon. I do not know for sure it would help with the delay. However, it should at least make connecting my headset while leaving external speakers active much easier than my current experience. They also advertise that two Bluetooth devices may connect simultaneously. While that sounds good, I do not currently need to connect more than one at a time. It is mostly the need to connect hearphones while leaving the speakers active....and less latency!

You may have a better suggestion...please advise.

And thanks,

Hyderr

Hyderr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Thanks ST, I followed the link you provided and sounds like we have simular systems. And yes, I am wanting to have sound from my TV and thru the Hearphones simultaneously. Easy solution is to use the real-world microphones in the Hearphones, but that make it dependent on the volume coming from the TV speaker. Because my wife does not have hearing loss, she plays the TV at a relatively low volume. When I turn my Hearphones up loud enough to compensate, I get feedback. I have tried all sizes of ear pieces trying to prevent the feedback. The large works best, but there is still feedback when the volume is high. 

Listening only thru the Hearphones Bluetooth connection means I do not hear her or anything else in the house. If there were no delay, I could blend Bluetooth and real-world and all would be well.

I did purchase the transmitter mentioned earlier and you are correct, no noticeable reduction in lag. However, it is easy to get audio thru both simultaneously.

Any idea if an update could add aptX abilities to the Hearphones? I do not know if aptX is hardware dependent.

Hyderr

Community Manager

Hi Hyderr,

When watching TV with others around, I find it helps to set DIRECTIVITY to EVERYWHERE to be aware of others in the room.  If you don't need to be sociable, you can just turn down the WORLD VOLUME and focus on the movie via Bluetooth.

Please check out this video. It may help you to get a better seal to reduce the feedback.

Bose hasn't announced anything related to aptX.

ST