Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Bose 700 - A failure

I have tried over and over to get my Bose 700 headphones to work as reliably as the cheapest bluetooth headset.  What are the issues?

*They will disconnect randomly from a bluetooth session

* Loud screeching sound followed by a disconnect.

* Turn on and off randomly

* Unable to turn on

* Poor sound quality

* Voice announcing, "Bluetooth connection lost" while still connected

and so forth.

I've tried resetting but there's no indication that the procedure even works.

I tried putting in a support case last year and Bose "sent me an email"... that was never received

And now, they are "out of warranty" and Bose has the audacity (!) to offer me a discount on a new pair??!!  WHY would I purchase another one of these for $285 when I the Beats and Sony headphones have had NONE of these issues?

My old Bose QC headphones were and still are rock solid.    These 700's when they work are great, but I'm done.

Bose product name

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose 700 - A failure

Hi stfriede,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having this experience when using your headphones! Resetting the headphones is a great step to take to resolve the issues you have mentioned, so thank you for trying that and letting us know.

I would also recommend ensuring your headphones are fully up to date by using our Device Updater on a computer. When you open the link on your computer, the on-screen instructions will walk you through the process of checking for and installing any available updates.

Should you still be having any issues after performing any updates, please do reach out to your local support team directly as they will be able to look into the service options with you. If you opened a support ticket previously, they will likely have a record of this as well. As you are in the USA, you can reach your local support team using the contact details shown HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi,

I can't count the number of times I've "reset" my headphones.  But, I do not believe the reset does anything as nothing changes.  This is deeper than "firmware".  The Bose simply do not work well over bluetooth.  I've never had a bluetooth headset, for example, randomly screech!! in my ears before disconnecting.

And, I contacted support.  Last year they said they sent a RMA and never did.  And now I'm told that they're out of warranty and I can buy another pair for a discounted $285.  

I would like Bose to replace these for free.  Reading the community forum I am clearly not the only person with these issues.

I can understand your frustrations, stfriede.

You will receive a 1-year manufacturer's warranty on your product from the date of purchase. How long ago did you make your purchase and when did you initially start noticing this problem? If you feel like this around the 12-month mark, please explain this to the support team as they will be able to look towards the in-warranty service options.

If you already had a service set up in the past, please ask the team to progress with this and not dismiss it. They'll be happy to help you continue to service and send you the required labeling needed to return the product for service. Please give the team another call and let us know if things improve!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!