Bose Hear app doesn't detect hearphones.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Hear app doesn't detect hearphones.

I installed the Bose Hear app, started it, and went through the initial steps of granting it permissions and enabling bluetooth. Now, when I hit the "Connect My Hearphones" button, the following screen with the bose logo and concentric rings sits for a few seconds and then moves on to a screen that says "Don't See Your Hearphones?"

I've tried the three help suggestions (making sure it's not charging, turning it off and back on again, and making sure it's within 30 feet). No dice. I tried connecting the hearphones through the bluetooth interface in my Android device's settings. It connected just fine and the hearphones said "connected to Meteor T070".

I returned to the Bose Hear app and had the same results -- the concentric circles page and then a couple of seconds later, a page that says "Don't See Your Hearphones?"

I've restarted both the Hearphones and the tablet. I'm running Android 6.0 and my device supports Bluetooth 4.0. As far as I can tell on the Bose Hearphones main website, that meets all of the requirements. Specifically, I'm using a Topelotek 7" tablet (this model: https://www.amazon.com/Android-Storage-800x1280-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B07898RDQZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT... .)

Any help you can give would be awesome. I'm anxious to start using my Hearphones!

12 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bose Hear app doesn't detect hearphones.

Hi Sjande,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I am sorry you are having trouble getting the Bose Hear app to recognize your Bose Hearphones.

These kinds of problems can be challenging to solve in writing. It may be faster for you to call Bose Hear Support 1-800-761-2673

If you want to try working through it here, let's start with some troubleshooting questions:

Can you pair your Hearphones with any other Bluetooth devices?

Do you have your Bose Hearphones paired with any other devices? If so, please turn off those Bluetooth devices and try connecting your Hearphones to the Bose Hear app again.

Can you pair your Bose Hearphones to your Android tablet to stream audio (without the Bose Hear app)?

Pairing a Bluetooth device

With the headphones powered on, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button until you hear “Ready to pair” or you see the Bluetooth indicator blinking blue

On the Bluetooth device, turn on the Bluetooth feature. The Bluetooth feature is usually found in the settings menu.

Select the Bose Hearphones  from the device list. Once paired, you will hear “Connected to” or the Bluetooth indicator will glow solid white

Source:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/pairing-a-bluetooth-device.html

ST

Silent Starter

Same issue ... paired to iPad Pro, listen to music / movies on device, but app does not see headphones. Shut off BT on iPhone (paired there as well). Does  app only work from single device?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bill,

Thanks for writing. Bluetooth connections can be challenging.

You can install the Bose Hear app on several devices, but it will only work with one at a time. 

Do you have the Bose Hear app running on your iPhone? Are things working on the iPhone as expected? I've found the Apple devices to be particularly tenacious about holding a Bluetooth connection. 

If you want to use the Bose Hear app on your iPad, you may need to turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone 

OR

If you want to transfer control of the Bose Hear App from the iPhone to the iPad, try this:

On the iPhone,

• Go into the Bose Hear App,
  • Menu

• Settings

• Connections

• You'll see the name of the iPhone - and to the right a switch symbol. Tap the symbol to disconnect

• Tap DISCONNECT to confirm

You should then be able to use the Bose Hear app on your iPad.

Does that help?

ST

Quiet Contributor

Same problem nut obviously nobody is paying attention to the details.

Hearphones connected to phone with bluetooth and are working fine in all respects.

The BOSE HEARPHONE APP is where the problem exists.  It works once  when the Hearphones are initially connected.  After that NO. The app does not understand there is a Hearphone connected while every other app is using it just fine.  

Please fix this or the Hearphones will be returned even though they work fine.  Get the app to work all the time the phones are connected...please!

Animated Arbiter

I hope they can fix this, I have to restart the program several times a day!

rahaaspe@gmail.com wrote:

Same problem nut obviously nobody is paying attention to the details.

Hearphones connected to phone with bluetooth and are working fine in all respects.

The BOSE HEARPHONE APP is where the problem exists.  It works once  when the Hearphones are initially connected.  After that NO. The app does not understand there is a Hearphone connected while every other app is using it just fine.  

Please fix this or the Hearphones will be returned even though they work fine.  Get the app to work all the time the phones are connected...please!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Murrydog,

Please tell us what model of iPhone you have and the operating system (version) you are using.

Thanks,

ST

Animated Arbiter

I am using a iPhone X running iOS 12.1.1

This has been reported to the help group 

@ST wrote:

Hi Murrydog,

Please tell us what model of iPhone you have and the operating system (version) you are using.

Thanks,

ST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Murrydog,

ST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rahaaspe,

You've told us you have an Android Essential phone. What operating system are you using?

Android 7.1.1 "Nougat"[3] (release)
Android 8.1 "Oreo"[4]
Android 9.0 "Pie"[5] (current)

Thank you.

ST