recon1bn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Bose Hearphone disconnected

Bose Hear 1.4.2 apps keeps disconnecting from my hearphones. Any updates coming soon for the android apps?

14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager

Re: Bose Hearphone disconnected

Hi recon1bn,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.   Welcome,

Is this a recent development ("Bose Hear 1.4.2 keeps disconnecting from my Hearphones").

If so, you can try uninstalling Bose Hear (and if there's an option to clear the data - yes, delete the data). Then reinstall the app.

We haven't announced any updates for Android apps.

ST

michael schiele
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

This might help. Had similar problem , finally determined hearphones we're connecting with another Bluetooth device. If you have an iPhone it will tell you what to disconnect.. I was just ignoring the prompt.

Herb Stenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

I have a similar "disconnect' problem.  After my Android phone is paired with the Hearphones the Hear app functions normally for about an hour.  Then the app suddenly says "Disconnected' and I cannot access the app settings. HOWEVER,  the Hearphones are not actually disconnected from the bluetooth.  They are still working at the most recent setting that you had.  It is just a problem with the app that is somehow disconnected, but the Hearphones are not!  Bose service is of no help. They suggest the simple fix of reinstalling the app, which does not at all eliminate the problem.  The only solution I have found is to restart my phone. Then all is well for another hour or so until the problem recurrs. A real pain of a fix!

Community Manager

Hi Herb Stenson,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  I'm sorry the Bose Hear App is disconnecting.

Please tell us the make and model of your Android device, and the version of the Android operating system you are running.

Thank you,

ST

Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

@Herb Stenson wrote:

I have a similar "disconnect' problem.  After my Android phone is paired with the Hearphones the Hear app functions normally for about an hour.  Then the app suddenly says "Disconnected' and I cannot access the app settings. HOWEVER,  the Hearphones are not actually disconnected from the bluetooth.  They are still working at the most recent setting that you had.  It is just a problem with the app that is somehow disconnected, but the Hearphones are not!  Bose service is of no help. They suggest the simple fix of reinstalling the app, which does not at all eliminate the problem.  The only solution I have found is to restart my phone. Then all is well for another hour or so until the problem recurrs. A real pain of a fix!

Same here on my HearPhone, Bose Replaced my Hearphones, problem persists.  I use IPhone .  They don’t seem able to find bug!

Herb Stenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

My phone is a Moto G6 Play running Android 8.0.  The version of  the Hear app is 1.4.2.  I don’t know the firmware version because I can’t find it in any of  the Settings menus of the app.  To be clear, the app disconnects after running a while, but the Hearphones remain connected regardless.  Odd!

Herbert Stenson

stens@uic.edu

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the information. To find the firmware version on you Bose Hearphones:

1. Open the Bose Hear App
  2. Tap the ≡ Menu
  3. Tap SETTINGS
  4. Tap Product Info
  5. The first item is Fimware Version

What Firmware Version do you have?

Thanks,

ST

Herb Stenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

Well, there is another (not so serious) problem with the app.  When I tap the MENU item, everything except Home is grayed out, so I have never bothered to tap anything else.  That was a mistake. If I tap the grayed-out Setting item it works, and I can get to the Firmware page.  The version is 1.6.5

Community Manager

HI Herb Stenson,

Your firmware version 1.6.5 is up to date.

"Well, there is another (not so serious) problem with the app.  When I tap the MENU item, everything except Home is grayed out, so I have never bothered to tap anything else."

The bold item is the most recently activated option. All the others are available.

Here is an example.

1. Open the Bose Hear App
  2. Tap the ≡ Menu
  3. Tap HELP
  4. You can look at the HELP information
  5. When you tap the ≡ Menu you will be returned to the menu
  6. HELP is now bold and although not bold, all the other selections are available. 

ST