Herb Stenson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

Re: Bose Hearphone disconnected

So, we've checked out all the simplest explanations with no solution.  What is the next step?

Herb

dtc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2019

I have had my hearphones for about a month.  At the beginning when the bluetooth connection kept dropping I realized that: each time it happened it was happening at about the same length of time; that if I did something on my phone, it took longer to happen; and that it was happening at the length of time I had the phone set at to go to sleep.  Now when I start up the Bose app I also start up my clock app, my phone does not go to sleep and my connection never drops. 

Community Manager

Hi dtc,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  Welcome.

Thank you too for sharing this observation. I'll share that with our engineering team.

Are you using an iOS or Android device?

ST

dtc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Sorry I should have said:  I have a Moto E4 Plus running Android 7.1.1, Bose Hear 1.4.2, and with firmware 1.6.5.

I should have also said:  on Android if you go to settings, under device find display, then find sleep, they give you a list including 15 seconds, 30 seconds,...10 minutes, and 30 minutes.  Now mine is set for 30 minutes.  But it means that after 30 minutes of inactivity the display goes to sleep. 
     If my phone sits on a table and is inactive for 30 minutes, the bluetooth connection drops. With the clock app running, the display doesn't go to sleep and the connection doesn't drop (unless for some other cause... like when I left my phone inside and went outside for a walk).  They should change Android to give the choice of a lot more time. 

Community Manager

Hi dtc,

Thanks for all the details (and for taking the time to document this).

ST