Highlighted
marcusfan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Charging while in use

I've had my hearphones for about 2 years now and I've read through this topic several times and I can't count the number of times we've asked for charging while use.  My battery charges don't last nearly as long as when they were new.  What does it take to get this for us Bose?  Asking, begging, pleading, bribing?  Is it that the only change that will be made to hearphones is firmware upgrades and charging while using is a hardware upgrade and the hearphones we have are the only ones Bose will ever have? If that's true, please just tell us so we will shut up and not get our hopes up. Sorry, frustration talking today.

Edit Subject: Previously "where oh where have our little dogs gone"

Bose Community Admin  

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Charging while in use

Hi marcusfan,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

I'm sorry battery charges don't last as long as when your Hearphones were new. That's a the current state of battery technology. Over time, rechargeable batteries lose their ability to hold a charge. 

Bose engineered your Hearphones to be a wireless device.  You'll notice that it's uncomfortable and inconvenient to have a cable connected while wearing them.  The design of the power connection did not anticipate charging while in use.

Bose doesn't comment on products that may be in development so let's talk about what you can do with your Hearphones as they are now. 

Have you explored the battery saving features available through the Bose Hear app? Check out the options for the Auto-Off Timer.  

Tap the ≡ Menu 

Tap Settings

Tap Auto-Off Timer

Choose the option you prefer: Inactive Device or Earbuds Removed

Set the TURN OFF AFTER TIME (1 to 240 minutes)

ST

GrillaBBQ
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Hi, have you tried charging with a USB portable power pack? I do not know if you can charge and use the hearphones at the same time? but if you can you can tuck one of these in your pocket and charge whilst on the go?

Amazon

ROMOSS 30000mAh 18W Fast Charge Type-C PD Portable Charger Sense 8+, 3 Outputs & 3 Inputs Power Bank Compatible with iPhone 11, iPad Pro (Not Support Fast Charge on Samsung S9 & Above Models)

Community Manager

Hi, Everybody.

Please charge your Bose Hearphones when you are not using them. They will not operate while charging.

Please do not attach the power connector to the neckband while you are wearing it. I've tried it, and it's uncomfortable and may damage the connector in the neckband. 

ST

marcusfan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

I have tried all the things you mentioned. Obviously all the attempts by others show the need for a change here. Either a battery that can last longer or the ability to charge while using, for instance while I’m sitting at my desk or while watching a movie. It’s obviously not feasible where you’re getting up and down all the time but all the comments on the issue show a serious shortcoming the company engineers should consider addressing. Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi, marcusfan.

Thanks again for your comments. Please consider adding your suggestion to the linked discussion below.

Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

Thank you,

ST