Cochlear Implant - non Hearphones related discussion

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Cochlear Implant - non Hearphones related discussion

Hello Everyone,

I have landed here through researching earphone solutions for a one-sided deaf user (my husband). The stories I have read are all oh-so-familiar and I am glad to see that the Bose Hearphones are of some assistance to you. However, my husband was lucky enough to receive a cochlear implant in his deaf ear a few years ago through a medical trial and that has been life-changing for both of us.

He now wishes to use regular earphones (not headphones) so he can hear in stereo through both his good ear and implant. He fashioned a clip out of melted plastic to hold the earpiece over his implant microphone, because obviously there was no point it being in his ear on that side. Unfortunately the clip got broken recently.

So I thought I would ask you if you are aware of anything on the market which does the same job in attaching an ear piece to a hearing aid. I don't think it would have to be an implant per se. If there's nothing, it could be an opportunity for Bose or another entrepreneur.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about our experience in exhange for your knowledge! Thanks in advance.