Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

Connecting my HearPhones to my television

Purchased my hearphone this week with the intent of using it as my sole home hearing device. So I had 3 needs: conversation, connection to smart phone for phone and streaming, connection to TV.  Although my TV is a Samsung that is 6 month old I found this model does not have bluetooth and verified that by calling Samsung support. So I was told by Samsung to use a Bluetooth transmitter. I had one (a MEE digital optical cable and with MEE earphone) which I previously used for TV. By connecting it to my Fioptic cable box I can listen to cable TV while others can still listen to the TV speakers with independent sound control. I am satisfied with this functionality but not with the quality of reception.  My cheap MEE earphones have both better reception and better range than the hearphones.  Since the hearphones are Bose I expected better reception and range not less.  Not happy with the quality and range of reception.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

Conversation, phone, and TV

I was hoping that the Hearphones would be my home based hearing aid, and could seamlessly handle conversation, streaming from TV, and phone calls simultaneously. On occasions I have achieved this, but the connection functionality was inconsistent. Today I called hearphone support and was informed that the hearphone bluetooth was designed for one connection, not multiple simultaneous connections. Hence I can choose between TV streaming, or phone but not both. I was disappointed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Conversation, phone, and TV

Hi, Roger.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  I found your lead post above in a different part of the community and moved it here. Then I added your second post to this discussion thread so we have all of your points in one place.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Connecting my HearPhones to my television

Hi, Roger.

@roger obert wrote:

Purchased my hearphone this week with the intent of using it as my sole home hearing device. So I had 3 needs: conversation, connection to smart phone for phone and streaming, connection to TV.  Although my TV is a Samsung that is 6 month old I found this model does not have bluetooth and verified that by calling Samsung support. So I was told by Samsung to use a Bluetooth transmitter. I had one (a MEE digital optical cable and with MEE earphone) which I previously used for TV. By connecting it to my Fioptic cable box I can listen to cable TV while others can still listen to the TV speakers with independent sound control. I am satisfied with this functionality but not with the quality of reception.  My cheap MEE earphones have both better reception and better range than the hearphones.  Since the hearphones are Bose I expected better reception and range not less.  Not happy with the quality and range of reception.

That was clever to have found a way to have independent volume control.

I see from your most recent post, you have already spoken with Bose Support. Did they have any suggestions about your concerns about the reception and range?

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Conversation, phone, and TV

Hi Roger,

@roger obert wrote:

I was hoping that the Hearphones would be my home based hearing aid, and could seamlessly handle conversation, streaming from TV, and phone calls simultaneously. On occasions I have achieved this, but the connection functionality was inconsistent. Today I called hearphone support and was informed that the hearphone bluetooth was designed for one connection, not multiple simultaneous connections. Hence I can choose between TV streaming, or phone but not both. I was disappointed.

I'm sorry you are disappointed.  Do you want to hear the TV and have a conversation on the phone at the same time?  If you do, you can have the TV playing through its speakers and turn up the Hearphones World Volume and have your conversation on the phone.

I don't think the Bluetooth protocol supports audio from multiple sources at the same time. You can have two connections (e.g., TV and phone). That way, you can watch and listen to the TV, and the phone can notify you about an incoming call via Bluetooth. If you decide to take the call, then the TV connection is suspended.

Thanks for joining us.

ST