Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Difficult to turn Hearphones on and off

I find myself having more and more trouble turning my hearphones on and off. Sometimes my whole finger tip works, sometimes a fingernail, but I rarely succeed on the first or second try. Anyone else having this problem? Do I have a defective unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Re: Difficult to turn Hearphones on and off

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

Well, I finally called about my peeling HearPhones and was very pleased that Bose is going to replace them even though I bought them more than a year ago. However, I called the general 800 number first and that was a 10 minute waste of time. Maybe you all know this, but the HearPhone special customer service number is 800-761-2673, and the difference is night and day. Thanks, Bose!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

You are not alone. Depressing it with a fingernail works; I wonder how long the rubber covering will survive that method. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @BenEllison, @Kfred

If you are concerned your Hearphones may be defective, or the power button has become more difficult to use over time, please call Bose Hearphones support at 1-800-761-2673.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2018

O also think the only bad part of the phones is the stupid on off button. It should be larger and on top.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

For some reason, Bose made these headphones (just like the QC 30) with a very hard-to-depress power button. I wonder whether it isn't (maddeningly) designed to make it more difficult to turn them off by accident.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

I think I understand the On/Off problem now. The rubber covering on my HearPhones was separating a little from the headset when I first had a problem, and that got worse over time, including separation between front and back. Then the on/off situation got so bad that I peeled the rubber back a little further so I could see and work the actual switch. It's tiny and the rubber covering only has a little dimple to activate it when a bigger rectangle would hit the target on a more regular basis. I still love the HearPhones and have been making do during a long trip away, but I sure hope that Bose will replace my pair when I get home in June, and also that have redesigned the rubber cover to both stay attached better and activate the switch better.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Ben,

Please call us when you get back.

Bose Hear Support 1-800-761-2673

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

Well, I finally called about my peeling HearPhones and was very pleased that Bose is going to replace them even though I bought them more than a year ago. However, I called the general 800 number first and that was a 10 minute waste of time. Maybe you all know this, but the HearPhone special customer service number is 800-761-2673, and the difference is night and day. Thanks, Bose!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Amen to that!!!!!

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Ben,

Thank you for coming back to tell us you're okay. And yes, for Hearphones issues, it's best to call Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673.

ST

@BenEllison wrote: