fcallwood
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Re: Difficult to turn Hearphones on and off

Thanks for the info. My rubber on my hearphones are severly peeling off making the unit increasingly harder to turn on. I don't even bother to turn them off anymore. I just plug them in and it turns off automatically while it charges. The product is excellent - just poor workmanship.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi fcallwood,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

I'm sorry the rubber is peeling off your Bose Hearphones.

Please call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. We will take care of you.

Thank you,

ST

arieljthomann
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

I love the Hearphone - infinitely better for me than the $6 K tiny ones I no longer use: one of my problems is hyperacousis (any loud sound is painful).  Those other tiny hearing aids are miniaturized due to user vanity; I need my ear canal BLOCKED (if you need to shut off loud noise in the next room, you must close the door completely) and the Hearphone eartips do that.

That said, I'm on my third Hearphone - the first two had to be replaced because of the on-off switch problem.  Now I'm at the end of the road: Bose has discontinued it, no way to get a replacement when this one dies too...  When the time comes I'll try to jerry-rig a modified switch.

I understand Bose is working on a new "non-prescription hearing aid".  I hope they use canal-plugging earpieces, AND they have developed a durable, not defective off-on switch.