Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: Main suggestions for improvement

P.S. I suggested a possibly better shape for heartips in this forum post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Hearphones/Feature-Requests/m-p/166731

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Re: Main suggestions for improvement

I disagree with the move of my message to feature requests. I am not requesting new features, i am requesting some redesign of existing features. I think several other messages labeled "new features" are similarly talking about problems with existing features. 

I design products. Before adding new features, improve the designs of existing features where they are causing problems to many users.

It's a strategic error to mix up new feature requests with prioritization of improvements to existing features.  Given your apparent desire to move into the hearing aid market, HearPhones have some clear advantages over the current hearing aid, and then some clear disadvantages. Fixing the flaws will be necessary.  Your current users can help you do this, if you organize your forum to separate fixing the flaws with adding more stuff. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

Hi bhaugen,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I have changed the name of this discussion thread to "Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements"

We're keeping all the feature requests and suggestions for improvement here so we can monitor both in one place. I appreciate the distinction you draw here, and so do the people who are actively following this thread.

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Re: Feature Requests

My father also has hearing in only one ear. We were hoping to hear both microphones in the one working ear. We ended up returning the Hearphones, but would absolutely re-buy it if it could do that.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Ucho,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm sorry Bose Hearphones weren't a better fit for your needs. Thank you for trying them out and for providing this feedback.

ST

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

The 'mute world' function is so good! A way to turn it on from the Hearphones cable would be great (is there a way? I found 'mute off', but not on).

I don't use the app much in dark places, since all the control I usually need is on the Hearphones themselves, but once in a while I do need to. A mode where the background was black and the text and controls white would be a nice option.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Ellen C,

Thanks for your suggestions.  We have answers for part of your needs now.

Dark Spaces

On an iOS device, you can

1. Open Settings ->
  2. Select General
  3. Select Accessibility
  4. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Accessibility Shortcut.
  5. Select Smart Invert Colors.

Now all you have to do is triple-click the Side Button to invert colors.

On an Android device

1. Open Settings
  2. Select Accessibility
  3. Below Display section, toggle Color inversion.

After toggling it for the first time, the "Invert colors" toggle will be added to the quick settings menu.

Mute On

The noise cancelling function is always on. You overcome it with the World Volume. The fast way to mute the world is to press the World Volume button down several times until you hear the beep telling you that you are at the lowest World Volume - OR - you can press and hold the World Volume button for about 5-10 seconds until you hear a beep.  Unfortunately, there is no one-button way to do that. We'll take that as a suggestion.

Good to hear from you.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Everybody!

Everybody here has expressed an interest in helping us to make Bose Hearphones better.  Here is how you can help.

User Research Hearing Survey

Please follow the link above to find out more.

Thank you!

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Charging cables in all lengths are easlily obtained.  I don't believe there is a cable length that would please everyone.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 7, 2019

A USB C connection would be great for charging