Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Feature Requests: Ear bud sizes or custom ear molds or over ear option

Replying specifically to point 1

1.  I am having difficulty with the earbuds.  Small earbuds don't stay seated and medium earbuds cause my ears to get sore in a few hours.  Custom earbuds are commerically available for other products.  If Bose doesn't see this as a business, a relationship with a custom shop would provide we "hard to fit" with additional options.  

I use hearing aids and have custom molds. We tried all the sizes of dome ear pieces available from Oticon, and they were all too big, so I got custom molds. I've also never had any ear buds fit me. They're always much too big. So I'm wary of buying a product that only uses ear buds. I would consider any of the following options: a) Same functionality and adustability in over ear head phones (if that works with where the mic is). I would use these mostly for tv and gaming, not everyday hearing). 

b) a way to use my hearing aid molds with this device

c) custom ear molds from this device

d) Last, least good option would be just more sizes of ear buds. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

I personally would love to see "Wired" capability.  I have to resort to some cheap wired earbuds when I want to play guitar without the Bluetooth lag.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Feature request - add a MONO option (very useful when hearing in one ear is lost or very weak)

Hello there,

First, kudos to Bose for introducing this product, although it targets a much smaller market compared to other products.

There is a potentially very useful feature (to many people) currently missing - the ability to set sound mode to MONO. 

Use case: people (like me) with severe hearing loss in one ear only - say the right ear, can not hear anything coming from the right, including speak - not even if there is any (even with the Hearphones). Given that the Hearphones have mics on both sides, we could hear such sounds in the left ear. However, seems like the Hearphones work only in Stereo mode, reflecting world sound direction. A noise coming from the right is amplified much more (and at better quality) in the right earbud than in the left one.

Tried muting or balancing out  the right ear, however, there is no impact on the amplification or quality in the left earbud (that is - of sounds coming from the right mic). I think that just adding a MONO option, combining sounds coming from both mics, flowing to both speakers, should do the trick, and should be simple to implement.

I hope it can be added to a firmware/app version soon!

Many thanks, romit