Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Re: Feature Requests

With regards to modes, it would be great to be able to associate them with locations (via geofencing) and have them switch automatically if desired.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

@ST wrote:
  1. Hearing test, to identify lower limits of hearing, and amplify/equalize quieter sounds to the user's audible range. This is already present in Samsung Galaxy S7: http://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-instantly-improve-your...
    Hearphones is not a medical device.

Neither is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Smiley Wink

This is an excellent suggestion, one that is already present the HereOne, a PSAP from Doppeler Labs.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi thersites,

Thanks for your latest contribution to this discussion. Let me acknowledge your point and feature request.  We can't act on or comment in detail on every request.  But we are excited when you are passionate enough about Hearphones to request features.

----

For others following along: the text above attributed to me was originally posted by KilleenWizard. I quoted KileenWizard in my reply.  Unfortunately the way the text is formatted, it's not easy to see the distinction.

@KilleenWizard wrote:
Hi,

I recently tested Headphones in-store to see how well they'd work for me. I'm deaf in the left ear and reduced in right ear. I found that the Headphones let me hear the saleswoman very clearly, but a bit on the faint side. Here is my list of requested features:

4. Hearing test, to identify lower limits of hearing, and amplify/equalize quieter sounds to the user's audible range. This is already present in Samsung Galaxy S7: http://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-instantly-improve-your...

Link to original post on the second page of this discussion

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

The voice prompts are too loud and the volume cannot be changed. I've disabled the voice prompts, but the beeps are still too loud and cannot be disabled. Please make the volume of the voice prompts/beeps configurable and save me from the needless volume shocks. Thanks!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

I mentioned this in another post. Since I have unilateral hearing, deaf in one ear, I would like a setting that would channel all sound to a single side. This would, I hope, make the "everywhere" setting useful to me.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

My son is deaf in one ear with very limited options for hearing or listening devices. It would be awesome if there were a feature to direct the sound of one microphone to go the opposite ear, or at least have sound from both microphones directed to just one earbud. Or even have both microphones go to both earbuds and he could remove the one in his deaf ear!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Having the ability to direct the sound from both ears to a single ear would make the hearphones much better for me. I am another person who is completely deaf in one ear and hoped that the hearphones would allow me to manipulate sound better. I live in New Zealand and bought a pair in Newport Beach and find them helpful but lacking the ability to direct the sounds from one side to the other means they aren't quite there for me. I have been using them in loud restaurants or bars where the overall sound level is loud to the point of hurting your ears and I find the hearphones actually provide me with some peace of mind that I can still hear what is going on but don't feel that I am damaging the hearing I have left in my good ear.

How hard would it be to get the sound from both ears coming out one ear? Does the sound from each ear even get to a central processing area so it could be mixed or does the sound coming in one ear only stay in that ear?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Battery charge is too short BUT if the battery was easily replacable with a standby battery already charged, that would make Hearphones of interest to me.

Immagine you want to use the device and the battery is dead. You are dead in the water with out a quick replacement battery.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

It's a great idea, but surely you've noticed that the tendency with today's electronic products, as they've grown smaller and smaller, is not to have replaceable batteries? (which saves space and increases reliability by eliminating electrical contact points)

On this note, I'd like to see inductive charging for the Hearphones, as it's a bother to find the tiny micro-USB port and then insert the micro-USB cable in the correct orientation.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

As a person with one completely deaf ear, I would like a setting that would turn off the speaker on one side, but leave the microphones on that side on. This would not be exactly the same as a "sum to mono" type feature because it would not necessarily blend the input from one side with the input to the other side, only eliminate the output to the side that can't recieve it. A "sum to mono" feature would be much better, but if simply shutting off output to the deaf side would be easier to implement, it might still be an improvement.