Re: Feature Requests
11-17-2017 02:19 PM
Message 71 of 192
A few suggestions. I recognize some of these are repeated from other suggestions, but I came up with these independently (for the most part), so I thought I would post them.
- Per page 10 of the user manual, you can use the “World Volume” up and down buttons simultaneously to adjust the sound direction function, and the headphones use a different frequency tone to indicate which mode you have selected. The tones are not intuitive and are almost indistinguishable (at least to my hearing). I recommend instead that a simple voice prompt be announced, such as “Everywhere”, “Front”, or “Focused” as each mode is selected. Much more intuitive that way.
- Even better would be: have pressing the “World Volume” up and down buttons simultaneously simply index through each mode configured in the app, reading the name of each mode out.
- Per page 12 of the user manual, “Note: The headphones do not play while charging”. Nor will the headphones communicate to the Bose Hear app while charging. This is super annoying and make little sense to me. What if I want to listen to music while charging? Please allow the Hearphones to be used while charging.
- The Bose Hear App should prominently show the battery charge level in percent. Yes, the iPhone shows a little Headphone battery indicator in the upper right hand corner, but something a little easier to read would be nice. It does show briefly when the Hearphones are turned off then back on, but we shouldn’t have to turn the Hearphones on and off to hear the actual percent battery charge remaining.
- While I think this feedback item is still valid, there is a "widget" on the iPhone that is an alternative to showing the battery percent level in the app. User "thersites" gives these instructions in a later post in this thread, 'Unlock your phone, swipe left, scroll to the bottom, press "edit", and press the "+" sign next to "Batteries" under "More Widgets." '
The Hearphones shut off when they're in my ears and I'm not streaming audio. There are many situations (noise reduction, speech enhancement, directivity uses, etc) where auto-shutoff being invoked during use makes no sense, whereas it does make sense in other contexts. Since the Hearphones have in-ear detection, please add a setting "don't shut off automatically when in ears", or something like that? And with this, a shorter duration auto-off timer would be appropriate - say adding a 5 minute auto-off option? If that solution is not possible, how about a voice prompt, "Auto-off pending" a minute or 2 before they shut down?
- Resolved in Bose Hear app 1.3.0 Announcement and Discussion. Nice job, Bose!
- Create an option in the app - when both earbuds are removed, pause playback of whatever device is connected.
Continued next post.