Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2018

Re: Feature Requests

Add me to the list of people with near deafness in one ear, but I have a simpler solution than sending all of the audio to one particular ear. Just add a Mono switch and send audio from all microphones to both ears. Those of us who can't hear in one ear will here everything in the ear that works.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

I was thinking something like a magnetic application for the charging plug.   This might make it possible for charging while wearing?   The concern I have with the usb plug is that I have seen that small plug recepticle break away from the circuit board from wire torque.   The device is an investment and a better/safer plug for the device would be ideal.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Please know we are grateful for every feature request. We can't acknowledge every one or comment on things we're working on. But we're listening to every word. 

Thank you, sincerely.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Please help us to make Hearphones better. We've got a few questions for you.  Please see:

World Volume: Why do you adjust World Volume

Thank you!

ST

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

I just wanted to follow up by seconding this request. Nuheara's just-released Boost (completely wireless) actually administers a built-in hearing test which it uses to customize the sound. Bragi's "Hear" project is apparently being designed to do the same.

If this is impossible in the Hearphones, then perhaps this could be implemented in their successor, which hopefully will dispense with the neckband.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

I'm actually trying both Nuheara Boost and Bose Hearphones right now.

So far I like Boost sound quality better compared to the Hearphones. Not sure how to explain it, but it feels like Boost's EarID technology creates a more natural and fuller sound, closer to what I remember from a few good years back. By comparison, Hearphones might sound too bright and it feels like they do not cover a wide enough frequency range. I get that feeling especially when I'm listening to music from my stereo system which is pretty good.

I also prefer the simpler adjustment of the Boosts, where you only modify the volume rather than on the Heaphones where you also have to fiddle with frequency and balance adjustments.

On the other hand, I like the lighter weight of the earpiece in the Hearphones and the quality of the rubber tips. For longer sessions, I prefer to wear the Hearphones over the Boosts.

As always, nothing is perfect. If I were to request for some features, the ones I can think of right now would be:

- per-ear correction, similar to Nuheara's EarID

- replace the bulky 5-button piece on the left ear cable with a simpler piece with a single button and a microphone for phone calls

- a bit longer and more flexible earpiece cables

- gray (instead of gold) earpiece covers

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Hearphones without Bluetooth

How can you NOT use bluetooth?

I mean... you can turn off your smartphone bluetooth... but that doesn't necessarily mean the Hearphone bluetooth has stopped.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones without Bluetooth

Hi Ryder,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

The Bluetooth functionality in your Hearphones is always on.  You cannot turn it off.

If you are bothered by the Voice prompts about Bluetooth, you can disable the voice prompts.

1. Connect Hearphones to the Bose Connect app on your phone or device.
  2. Tap the menu ☰
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Turn off Voice Prompts
    When you turn on Hearphones you will hear a few beeps to tell you the power is on, but there will be no voice prompts after that. You may hear a beep when the battery level is low, and a few minutes later, you will hear the power down beeps when it shuts off.
  5. Set the Auto Timer to Earbuds Removed, 5 Minutes
    Hearphones will remain on unless she
    - Turns them off manually
    - Takes the earbuds out and leaves the out for more than 5 minutes (you can adjust the value) but that seems reasonable.

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2018

Hi ST...

It confuses me.

On the one hand, you say that turning off bluetooth saves battery life... on the other hand, you say you can't turn off bluetooth on the Hearphones...  I'm unsure as to how to reconcile this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

I think a better way to look at it is if you are streaming music or just using the headset by itself to help you hear.    If using it as a standalone to hear better, the battery will last a long time.   If you stream music (or in my case audiobooks from my phone) then the battery life is degraded due to the extra overhead of streaming.   So yes bluetooh is on all the time but if you are not actively streaming by it, then it will last a lot longer.