Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Feature Requests: Ear bud sizes or custom ear molds or over ear option

Replying specifically to point 1

1.  I am having difficulty with the earbuds.  Small earbuds don't stay seated and medium earbuds cause my ears to get sore in a few hours.  Custom earbuds are commerically available for other products.  If Bose doesn't see this as a business, a relationship with a custom shop would provide we "hard to fit" with additional options.  

I use hearing aids and have custom molds. We tried all the sizes of dome ear pieces available from Oticon, and they were all too big, so I got custom molds. I've also never had any ear buds fit me. They're always much too big. So I'm wary of buying a product that only uses ear buds. I would consider any of the following options: a) Same functionality and adustability in over ear head phones (if that works with where the mic is). I would use these mostly for tv and gaming, not everyday hearing). 

b) a way to use my hearing aid molds with this device

c) custom ear molds from this device

d) Last, least good option would be just more sizes of ear buds. 

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

I personally would love to see "Wired" capability.  I have to resort to some cheap wired earbuds when I want to play guitar without the Bluetooth lag.

Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Feature request - add a MONO option (very useful when hearing in one ear is lost or very weak)

Hello there,

First, kudos to Bose for introducing this product, although it targets a much smaller market compared to other products.

There is a potentially very useful feature (to many people) currently missing - the ability to set sound mode to MONO. 

Use case: people (like me) with severe hearing loss in one ear only - say the right ear, can not hear anything coming from the right, including speak - not even if there is any (even with the Hearphones). Given that the Hearphones have mics on both sides, we could hear such sounds in the left ear. However, seems like the Hearphones work only in Stereo mode, reflecting world sound direction. A noise coming from the right is amplified much more (and at better quality) in the right earbud than in the left one.

Tried muting or balancing out  the right ear, however, there is no impact on the amplification or quality in the left earbud (that is - of sounds coming from the right mic). I think that just adding a MONO option, combining sounds coming from both mics, flowing to both speakers, should do the trick, and should be simple to implement.

I hope it can be added to a firmware/app version soon!

Many thanks, romit

Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Tweaking the frequencies

Hello,

My dad has been a user of the Bose headset to help with his hearing. They have done a pretty good job in helping with his hearing loss. As an engineer, he would love to speak to someone about tweaking the frequencies to cut down on the background noise.  Is there a place or a person where he may be able to talk with someone about the adjustments he believes will make them more effective?

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Feature Request

Hi, Joy Barnett.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

Tweaking the frequencies

I'm delighted to hear that Bose Hearphones have been helpful for your dad. I'm sorry, we don't offer a service where we can customize (tweak) the frequencies.  However, we'll take this as a feature request for future products.

Thank you.

ST

Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements of QC Earbuds

The feature is the recognition of the wearer speaking causing the noise canceling level to drop to 0, or a customizable preset, followed by a temporary boost in the side tone ("self voice") level. This feature would not be limited to during active calls. 

Use case is quick in-person conversations where removing the right earbud or double tapping the left earbud is impractical or impossible due to circumstance. The earbuds detect that I am speaking, drop the noise cancelation level, and boost the side tone, so I can hear both myself and the person with whom I am speaking and avoid shouting at someone who quietly asks a question. 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements, Turn down the volume when my

Feature request: Turn down the volume and disable noise cancelling when my Mic hears my name

There are a couple situations where I would like this.  If I'm working in my office and I want to not be distracted by the general movements or conversations in the office, I turn on noise cancelling.  But then I don't hear someone when they are trying to get my attention to ask me a question.  They end up waving their hands in my eye line.  

Also when trying to get my kids attention to come to dinner but they have their earbuds in, they can't hear, but if their mic picked up their name, it would be helpful.

Obviously  the feature would have to be disabled and allow someway to be configured for each user.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements, Turn down the volume when my

@MattC1980, Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I will be sure to pass them on to the development team. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Suggestions for NC700 Headphones and Bose Music App

1. The headphone wake up sound is too loud. Please include an option to lower or disable it.

2. I keep accidentally hitting the favorites button and it changes my noise canceling levels. Please include an option to disable favorites or reassign the button to something else.

3. I keep accidentally activating the shortcut on the side of the ear cup. This is not a feature I like. Please include an option to disable the shortcut.

4. When I have my headphones connected to my phone, the Bose Music App often doesn’t show that they are connected, and I have to disconnect and re-pair my headphones for them to show up in the app. Please fix this bug.

@Davloss, thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass it on for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!