Feature Requests

Highlighted

Feature Requests

Please tell us how we can improve Hearphones.

We’ve started this discussion to collect your ideas as feature requests.

133 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Feature Request - fast way to defeat the Acoustic Noise Cancellation

Hi,

I'd really like to be able to defeat (turn off) the Acoustic Noise Cancellation feature quickly. Maybe you could do this with a long press-and-hold on the World Volume buttons or the Volume buttons. This would be a toggle. When I press-and-hold the buttons a second time, the World Volume reverts to its previous setting.

This would allow me to quickly turn on the world for a conversation.

Here's when I would use this.

• I have the World volume all the way off. I'm happily enjoying the peace and perhaps I'm listening to music.
  • Someone needs to speak with me. 
    What I do now turn up the World Volume until I can hear the person or pull out one of the Hearphones earbuds. Lately, I just pull out the earbud because it takes too long to change the volume.

I'm not stuck on using the Volume or World Volume buttons. If you can think of another way to toggle the World Volume on/off that would be fine with me.

It might be nice to be able to set the toggle-able World Volume in the Bose Hear App.

ST

Friendly Fanatic

Function while charging (Feature Request)

I was watching tv when the battery went dead. I plugged them into the charger but they do not work while hooked to the external power supply. Wife cannot tolerate my volumn so subtitles filled the gap.

Re: Function while charging (Feature Request)

Thanks for the feature request. We’re listening. We can’t promise that it’s possible but we’ll put on the list of things to consider.

Friendly Fanatic

Our wives must be related. Oh wait, they are!
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Feature Requests

The new update includes a feature to mute the volume when one earplug is removed.  

It would be nice for the unit to power off when both are removed to automatically save the battery power.

The new app update is great BTW.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi jimaa1,

I like your suggestion however, I would add a grace period (say 5 minutes) before the Hearphones power down. If I pull the earbuds out to have a quick conversation* I don't want to have to reconnect with my devices when I power back on.

ST

* Please see Hearphones and Social Cues for more insights about when this situation arises.

jimaa1 wrote:

The new update includes a feature to mute the volume when one earplug is removed.  

It would be nice for the unit to power off when both are removed to automatically save the battery power.

The new app update is great BTW.

Friendly Fanatic

jimaa1,

Using them when they are charging would be wonderful but I would like a much longer charging cable for that purpose.  

My wife had surgery last week, it was a very long day. I had to charge the unit but was not able to use them while charging not to mention the short cable is useless for that. My wife is fine by the way. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stealth,

I'm happy to hear that your wife is fine.

I agree, the short cable is not conveniently long, but it is short enough to fit in the case. I appreciate that. 

That, and it's just long enough to connect to a laptop without cluttering up the workspace with another long wire.

ST

Friendly Fanatic

It's not apparent (Lights?) when the hearphones are powered on.  The only sure way I found to confirm they are on/off is to listen.  Plugging in for charging is a sure way to power them off. I must not understand how to use power on/off switch? 

I also vote for a longer cable (another 12"?) so the Hearphones are not hanging from the charger.  Also vote for charge while playing feature.  I've been using them until the battery is gone and then have a long wait to use again.  Thanks