Feedback during phone calls

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Feedback during phone calls

I recently purchased the Bose Hearphones (about 2 1/2 weeks ago to be exact) due to the fact that I am experiencing hearing loss already. The phones are great as what to expect with all other Bose products! I can now hear conversations much clearer without excusing myself and ask to repeat what was just said.

The problem I am experiencing is that when I tried to use the phones for phone calls. There are times, while on a call, feedback would be heard from the phones as if a microphone has just been placed in front of a large speaker. It does not matter whether the call has been an hour long already or you have just pressed the anwer button. If the issue occurs I would simply turn off the phones and restart it. Sometimes it goes far from 15 to 30 minutes to as little as 3 to 5 minutes before it starts screetching again.

Mind you, when I first turned on the phones and paired it with my phone together with the app it already informed me to update the firmware which I did before testing the phones out. I don't have any other issues with it except for the feedback it gives during phone calls. I have not changed anything on the settings of the phones within the app except for the world volume which i constanly increase or decrease depending on the situation.

I'd like to ask, have any of you experienced this? if so, what have you done to resolve the issue? I am thinking that I might have gotten a bad unit that might need replacement. 

Thank you in advance for your response/s!

3 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feedback during phone calls

Hi GK18

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  It's sounds like you are enjoying your Hearphones. That's terrific. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing feedback while you are using them for phone calls. The most common cause of feedback is a poor fit with the StayHear+ tips. That's not specific to using the phone, but I find my focus is different when I'm speaking on the phone. I may not always notice if the tips have come a little loose.  Sometimes I have to re-seat the tips in my ears when I'm less aware of the live sound.

I have, on occasion turned up the World Volume (too high) when I meant to turn up the streaming volume (for the phone).  I did this because I wanted to hear the far-end caller better, and just used the wrong controls. Turning up the World Volume too high can lead to feed back.

If my thoughts above aren't applicable for you,  please call us and we'd be glad to help. Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. 

Thanks!

ST

Silent Starter

Thank you for the response ST!

I do know what you are referring to in terms of the Stayhere+ tips. There are times that phones would gently slip off my ear and would cause the feedback and reseating them back would fix the problem.

The issue that I am having cannot be resolved by simply reseating the phones or lowering the World Volume. As I observed the issue is only present during phone calls. If the issue occurs I have to turn the phones off and turn it back on. Reseating does not do any magic.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi GK18,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please call us. We will help you.

Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. 

Thank you,

ST