Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Having problems with Hearphones connecting with iPhone11

I’m not having any luck connecting to my iPhone 11.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Having problems with Hearphones connecting with iPhone11

Hi, cdtsosie,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm sorry you are having trouble connecting your iPhone 11.  Is the issue you can't get a Bluetooth connection?  If so, please follow this link: Cannot connect a Bluetooth® device

If you have a problem with the Bose Hear app not connecting to your Apple phone or iPad, running iOS 13.x or iPadOS 13.x

Please check your device

• Settings
    • Privacy
      • Bluetooth
        • Ensure the Bose Hear app has permission to use Bluetooth

I found some background about the issue - it's the result of a new privacy feature in IOS 13.

Here’s why so many apps are asking to use Bluetooth on iOS 13

Also, there are some bug fixes in iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3. See

Apple releases iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 with lots of bug fixes

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Hi, thank you for the reply.  I am running the current version of 13.3 now.  Is Bose trying to keep up with Apple's IOS versions?  It would be great if they were, when I purchased the hearphones it was $499.99.  Quite an investment for it only being over a year old (new).  Please keep me in the loop as to what Bose will be doing for us.  I also, checked the settings and it was fine.

Again, thank you for your reply, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, cdtsosie.

@cdtsosie wrote:

Hi, thank you for the reply.  I am running the current version of 13.3 now.  Is Bose trying to keep up with Apple's IOS versions?  It would be great if they were, when I purchased the hearphones it was $499.99.  Quite an investment for it only being over a year old (new).  Please keep me in the loop as to what Bose will be doing for us.  I also, checked the settings and it was fine.

Again, thank you for your reply, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Now that you have iOS 13.3 and you have checked your settings, are you able to connect your Bose Hearphones to your iPhone11?

If you have the Bose Hearphones connected to the Bose Hear app, then the Bose Hear app will automatically check to make sure you are running the latest version of the firmware.  That's how Bose can keep you in the loop.

Best wishes for the season.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I am able to connect Bluetooth but, not able to use the world functions.  Like Everywhere, Front and focus.  Bose app doesn’t connect to the iPhone11, it tries to connect.  But, then shows the diagram with pressing the on/off button to pair.  

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, cdtsosie,

I'm sorry you are unable to use the Bose Hear app with your Bose Hearphones.

@cdtsosie wrote:

I am able to connect Bluetooth but, not able to use the world functions.  Like Everywhere, Front and focus.  Bose app doesn’t connect to the iPhone11, it tries to connect.  But, then shows the diagram with pressing the on/off button to pair.  

Please try removing the Bose Hear app from your iPhone. Then install the app again.

Then please double check these settings on your iPhone.

• Settings
    • Privacy
      • Bluetooth
        • Ensure the Bose Hear app has permission to use Bluetooth

If the Bose Hear app will still not connect to your Bose Hearphones, please call us so we can help. Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. 

Thank you,

ST