Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hearing Aid Announcement ?

Hi:

Like many people, I have been waiting for a hearing aid announcement for some time. I have delayed other purchases to see if Bose will be the best solution. My family is tiring of me putting this decision off. I don't think hearphones will be good for me because of mid-frequency loss in one ear and hearphones do not apparently have individual ear frequency adjustments. I am hoping this feature will be on the new product.

Is there not some way Bose could provide a little information to your market? I have asked in the past and I understand it is not your policy, but . . .?

Jeffrey Lapides

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearing Aid Announcement ?

Hi, Jeffrey.

Thank you for your ongoing interest in Bose products. I'm sorry. I don't have any further information to offer about hearing aids.

Best regards,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

I bought hearphones soon after they were introduced. They are a good substitute for my regular hearing aids -- not as versatile in adjusting to different situations, since my hearing aids are custom programmed. But they are good and I've been using them more since covid. Hearphones don't get tangled up in face mask as easily as hearing aids.

I received Nuheara iQbuds2 Max a couple of days ago, bought as an alternative to the hearphones. Form factor (ear buds) is a big improvement. Sound quality and noise reduction seem very good, though I do have a severe hearing loss and am not an especially good judge of sound quality. The Nuheara seems to have stronger amplification (gain) than the hearphones. But I have not mastered the tweaking adjustments of frequency filters and directional sound. So far seems best at 2/3 volume with no filters. Much easier to use basic on/off controls without the phone app compared to hearphones. Battery life only about 5-7 hours. So far I like the Nuhearas. Again as a substitute, not replacement, for custom hearing aids. They're in high demand -- I had to wait over two months to receive. About $400.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

I also tried the Nuheara IQbuds2 Max.  While they were ok at improving my ability to hear, I didn't play with the settings much because of the poor quality of capturing my voice for others.  I could hear others, but if I was trying to use the buds for a phone call or online meeting, others couldn't hear me well.  I was disappointed and had to go back to (much cheaper) alternatives until I can get a refund an look into other options. I hope they do improve, but wasn't willing to keep mine on the chance that a future firmware upgrade MIGHT fix my ability to communicate with others during this time of social isolation.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hearing aids sound so bad. When will you come out with a device with a good mic on it to provide sound like the ear buds have so we can have a quality hearing device.