Rebx2cats
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Hearing assisted devices

What are hearphones? They are like assisted hearing devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Hearing assisted devices

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hey Rebx2cats, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

The Hearphones are a hearing assistant device. I have included some information HERE for your reference.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hey Rebx2cats, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

The Hearphones are a hearing assistant device. I have included some information HERE for your reference.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Azsusie50
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Bose Hearphones are like headphones except that they have microphones on the earpieces so that the wearer can hear what is happening in the environment. Personal adjustments based on the users level of hearing loss including volume, tones amplified, and directional adjustments can be made utilizing the Bose Hearphone app on a smart phone. 
My personal experiences with these devices, I own two, have been fantastic. I stopped wearing my hearing aids almost three years ago and I haven’t looked back. 
it took a little while to get used to using them but it was worth every little moment of frustration.  The biggest compliment I can give is that  I used to be so isolated and would get depressed when to go to dinner with friends and not be able to hear conversations tight in front of me. This is now a thing of the past. I can set my hearphones to focus tightly in front of me, which is to say it cancels out all other ambient noise other than the voice of who I am speaking. 
I can also set it so I hear all in a semi circle of people in front of me, a little less focused than the first adjustment. 
I can also set it so I hear 360 degrees. Someone standing behind me can whisper and I can hear them. 
I am saddened to learn the Bose has discontinued making this product in 2020 but can only assume, knowing Bose as I do, that something better is coming. 
I know they got the okay to make hearing aids so let me be the first in line to get a pair. 
Bose Hearphones changed my life. They weren’t perfect. In fact, having them around my neck as I recover from Covid19 is uncomfortable and annoying.  But they are way better than any of the hearing aids I’ve owned foe the last 36 years. 
Get them while you can. Even if just for socializing, they’re worth it.