Hearing notifications

Silent Starter

Hearing notifications

I am having trouble hearing any notifications from my phone thru my Hearphones. If my Hearphones are turned off I can hear my notifications clearly thru my phone but if they are on I can not. ie: email, text. How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearing notifications

Hi Rlewis,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

Have you checked your Bluetooth settings on the phone to see if there is an option for notifications when connected to a Bluetooth device?

Can you stream Bluetooth audio to your Hearphones (music, phone calls)?

What operating system is your phone?

ST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rlewis,

I just found this: 

Alarms do not play through wireless headphones or speakers on iOS devices.  <- please follow the link and you'll this note at the bottom: 
"If you use iOS 11 or later and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired headphones and speakers. It doesn't play through wireless headphones and speakers."

ST

Silent Starter

Android

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rlewis,

Do you get notifications when you use a different Bluetooth headset?  Let's figure out if this is an issue specific to your Bose Hearphones.

Here are search results for "android no notifications via Bluetooth". It seems there are a host of problems in this area, and people are waiting for an update from Android.

ST