Highlighted
DBang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hearphone without cellphone nearby

I work in a closed area where I cannot bring my cellphone.  I am hopping they will allow a hearphone inside as long as it cannot communicate out.  Will the hearphone work when it is not near a cellphone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Hearphone without cellphone nearby

Author Accepted Answer selected by DBang

Hi, DBang,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

"Will the hearphone work when it is not near a cellphone?"

Yes, you can use the five-button controller on the Hearphones without using the Bose Hear app running on a smartphone or tablet. You have the full benefits and control of World Volume and Directivity with the buttons on the Hearphones. The Bose Hear app adds additional control with a Bass/Treble setting, Left Right Balance, and the ability to save settings as Modes that you can recall later.

I use my Hearphones in all kinds of situations when I'm out and about. Most of the time I use the buttons on the Hearphones without the Bose Hear app.

I've added some notes about the terminology I used below my signature.

Does that help?
ST

Hearphones Technology

World Volume

World Volume is the primary controller for Bose Hearphones. Just like the volume setting on the phone controls the loudness of your music, podcast and phone calls, the World Volume setting controls the loudness of live voices, TV and other environmental sounds. You can adjust the World Volume so that it’s just right for you and for each place you use them.

• Above “0,” the Bose Hearphones will amplify the environment in a special way: Quiet sounds are amplified more than loud sounds so that all sounds can be heard, but none are uncomfortable. This is helpful when you need to hear conversations in acoustically challenging environments.

• At “0,” the environment will sound as loud as it would if the Bose Hearphones weren’t worn.

• Below “0,” the Bose Hearphones will reduce sounds in the environment. This is useful so you can escape loud environmental sounds and either focus on your Bluetooth audio or just enjoy the quiet.

The World Volume can be adjusted on the headset or using the app. All World Volume settings use Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling™ technology.

Directivity

The microphones within the earbuds can be configured to focus on sounds in front, like in a conversation across a table, or all around, like when walking through a park. When focused on the front, sounds in front will be the same loudness, but the noises all around will be quieter so that overall, the sound will be quieter. This will make a conversation with someone across a table in a loud environment more intelligible and more comfortable. When not focused in front at all, the loudness of all sounds will be typical. Directivity can be controlled on the headset or in the Bose Hear app.

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

As far as I am aware you only need the device connected to play audio or to change settings.  If all you want is the better hearing capability the in-line remote should allow you to change what you need

Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by DBang

Hi, DBang,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

"Will the hearphone work when it is not near a cellphone?"

Yes, you can use the five-button controller on the Hearphones without using the Bose Hear app running on a smartphone or tablet. You have the full benefits and control of World Volume and Directivity with the buttons on the Hearphones. The Bose Hear app adds additional control with a Bass/Treble setting, Left Right Balance, and the ability to save settings as Modes that you can recall later.

I use my Hearphones in all kinds of situations when I'm out and about. Most of the time I use the buttons on the Hearphones without the Bose Hear app.

I've added some notes about the terminology I used below my signature.

Does that help?
ST

Hearphones Technology

World Volume

World Volume is the primary controller for Bose Hearphones. Just like the volume setting on the phone controls the loudness of your music, podcast and phone calls, the World Volume setting controls the loudness of live voices, TV and other environmental sounds. You can adjust the World Volume so that it’s just right for you and for each place you use them.

• Above “0,” the Bose Hearphones will amplify the environment in a special way: Quiet sounds are amplified more than loud sounds so that all sounds can be heard, but none are uncomfortable. This is helpful when you need to hear conversations in acoustically challenging environments.

• At “0,” the environment will sound as loud as it would if the Bose Hearphones weren’t worn.

• Below “0,” the Bose Hearphones will reduce sounds in the environment. This is useful so you can escape loud environmental sounds and either focus on your Bluetooth audio or just enjoy the quiet.

The World Volume can be adjusted on the headset or using the app. All World Volume settings use Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling™ technology.

Directivity

The microphones within the earbuds can be configured to focus on sounds in front, like in a conversation across a table, or all around, like when walking through a park. When focused on the front, sounds in front will be the same loudness, but the noises all around will be quieter so that overall, the sound will be quieter. This will make a conversation with someone across a table in a loud environment more intelligible and more comfortable. When not focused in front at all, the loudness of all sounds will be typical. Directivity can be controlled on the headset or in the Bose Hear app.