Highlighted
Sando143
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Hearphones Battery Best Practices

It seems to me that just turning off my hearphones and then turning them back on a little later causes the battery level to decrease by a noticeable amount, sometimes 5% - 10% it seems.  I suppose pairing or linking to previously paired device might be consuming additional power.  So, I am wondering what the best practices are to maximize battery life day to day and over the life of the product.  

1. There are several ways to power off the headphones.  Holding the power button.  Removing the earbuds from ears and letting them time out to power off.  Simply removing from ears and letting them stay on 'idle'.  Maybe more methods.  Which method is best during the day in terms of maximizing battery life for that day?

2. Is it best to allow the battery to fully discharge, or charge periodically during the day?  If I am anticipating a long phone conversation (or an extended work session with music in background) I often feel compelled to charge the headphones even if at 50% or more.  This means sometimes I charge them partially several times during a given day.

3. Is it OK to leave them connected to the charger overnight so they are ready and full first thing in the morning?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones Battery Best Practices

Hi Sando143.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. Welcome.

The shortest answer is: Charge your Bose Headphones when it is convenient and as often as you want so they are ready when you need them. The battery system in your Bose Hearphones will protect it from overcharging and complete depletion.

It seems to me that just turning off my hearphones and then turning them back on a little later causes the battery level to decrease by a noticeable amount, sometimes 5% - 10% it seems. I suppose pairing or linking to previously paired device might be consuming additional power. So, I am wondering what the best practices are to maximize battery life day to day and over the life of the product.

The battery metering is an approximation within a range. There may be some overhead involved in creating or restablishing a connection, but that's not a significant enough to be a factor in optimizing your battery life.

1. There are several ways to power off the headphones. Holding the power button. Removing the earbuds from ears and letting them time out to power off. Simply removing from ears and letting them stay on 'idle'.

Using the power button will give you the fastest turn-off (and immediate end to the draw on the battery).

Removing the earbuds and letting them time out:  You can set them to TURN OFF AFTER 1-240 minutes.  Battery consumption depends on the value you set.

Leave the earbuds in and letting them time out if there is no streaming audio:  You can set them to TURN OFF AFTER 1-240 minutes.  Battery consumption depends on the value you set.

Leaving them idle but on without the setting an Auto Off  consumes the most battery power.

2. Is it best to allow the battery to fully discharge, or charge periodically during the day? If I am anticipating a long phone conversation (or an extended work session with music in background) I often feel compelled to charge the headphones even if at 50% or more. This means sometimes I charge them partially several times during a given day.

You don't need to allow the battery to fully discharge before charging them. Charge them as you anticipate your need, or when it's convenient. There is no harm in topping up the charge when or as often as you want.

3. Is it OK to leave them connected to the charger overnight so they are ready and full first thing in the morning?

Yes, it's OK to leave them connected to the charger. You will not overcharge them by leaving them connected.

Please charge your Bose Hearphones as often as you want so they are ready for you when you want to use them.

ST