Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

Hearphones Discontinued Apparently

It seems like the two headphones sharing the same design with the neck collar, Hearphones and QuietControl 30 have been discontinued, they’re no longer available as new units on Bose website. 
Is that the case? Will the hearphones firmware continue to be updated?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Hearphones Discontinued Apparently

If it works, why would it need to be updated?  IDK.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

I just found that the Hearphones have been discontinued when I checked on why I have not received a replacement under warranty. Instead, of the replacement I am getting refunded the cost of the unit and the extended warranty. I was told I would receive a check in six weeks.  I liked the device - really helped me with my clinical work, communicating with my family and watching TV.  Now I will probably go for old fashioned hearing aids. 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

I bought hearphones soon after they were introduced. They are a good substitute for my regular hearing aids -- not as versatile in adjusting to different situations, since my hearing aids are custom programmed. But they are good and I've been using them more since covid. Hearphones don't get tangled up in face mask as easily as hearing aids.

I received Nuheara iQbuds2 Max a couple of days ago, bought as an alternative to the hearphones. Form factor (ear buds) is a big improvement. Sound quality and noise reduction seem very good, though I do have a severe hearing loss and am not an especially good judge of sound quality. The Nuheara seems to have stronger amplification (gain) than the hearphones. But I have not mastered the tweaking adjustments of frequency filters and directional sound. So far seems best at 2/3 volume with no filters. Much easier to use basic on/off controls without the phone app compared to hearphones. Battery life only about 5-7 hours. So far I like the Nuhearas. Again as a substitute, not replacement, for custom hearing aids. They're in high demand -- I had to wait over two months to receive. About $400.

I'm convinced there is a market here. Don't know how large. One neat thing hearphones and nuheara have accomplished is a work-around for the stigma of hearing aids.

Mike M

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Hearphones are special. The best kept secret Bose could have produced.

As opposed to hearing aids, the music sounds great. The switching in the neckband and cable is funky and will eventually fail. The noise-cancelling is terrific! The mic "steering" for world sounds is terrific. In a loud restaurant its great. In a theater during a speech or demonstration it can remove the "room reverb" an excellent non-intended positive consequence! The only color is black is unfortunate as flesh colors would be better. With loud acoustic sounds the tiny speakers can "clip"/pop", so headroom may be an issue. The technology is spot-on. Some of the implementation needs work. It would be good for Bose to spill the beans on a new Version 2! 🙂 I use AirPod Pro, Widex prescription plugs, BlueParrott trucker headsets(terrific mic noise cancellation!) But the Hearphones blow away the AirPodPro and the Widex. Maybe the counterfeit units caused Bose to discontinue???