Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Hearphones Noise in Windy Weather

Hi There,

I'm very happy with my Hearphones, since they allowed me to come back and have a social life again. I was avoiding restaurants and bars, because of the background noise and this is now a problem of the past.
Now to the "not so good part".
I also have a couple of activities that take place in very windy environment. Sailing and riding a scooter. When I wear the Hearphones, the wind causes a loud noise that is boring. I guess this has to do with the microphones for the noise cancelling feature. 
I'm wondering what is possible to do to eliminate the wind noise. I guess using foam on the outside of the earplugs is not an option.
Maybe Bose can come with a software upgrade in which the noise cancelling feature is simply switched off in windy environment.....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones Noise in Windy Weather

Hi, O.llg.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm delighted you're happy with your Hearphones. It is nice to have a social life again. I can relate.

Yes, you will hear noise when wearing your Hearphones in a very windy environment. However, it's less likely you will be having a conversation when sailing or riding a scooter.

I walk outdoors every day and I have noticed that when it's windy there is noise whether or not the Hearphones are turned on. The sound is a little different, but to me, about the same intensity.  It's the mechanical noise of the wind on the casing.  It's also similar to the intensity of the wind I hear when I have nothing in my ears.

Please check out this previous conversation and the suggestions you'll find there.

Wind Noise and Hearphones

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: Hearphones Noise in Windy Weather

You’re right  that a conversation isn’t happening while riding a scooter or sailing, but I enjoy hearing music on these occasions. And that is when the wind noise is really boring...

It would be ao simple for Bose to add a “switch off noise cancelling” button on the earphone app....