Hearphones connect to app, phone calls; not music, notification sounds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones connect to app, phone calls; not music, notification sounds

Hi Habakkuk,

Thank you for that added information.

It's time to call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673 so we can help you.

ST

6 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

I'm just learning how to post - forgive me.

Got Hearphones April, 2018.  For many months seemed fine.  Then I became aware that I was not hearing notification sounds (text coming in primarily).  App works fine.  Phone calls are fine.  Can't hear music, notification sounds.  Done everything I can think of with sound volumes on Galaxy S5.  Any thoughts?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habakkuk,

Notification Sounds

This sounds like a settings issue with your Galaxy S5. I found an article online.

galaxy s5 text notifications not working Bluetooth

No Music

This is puzzling since phone calls are fine.

I couldn't find anything online about this particular issue.

Diagnostics

Can you pair to another device and hear music?

It sounds like you may need to try Samsung Support

ST

Audible Advocate

I forgot to include a key piece of information on my previous post.  A week ago I received the Bose QC35II headphones.  (See My Story for information on this.)  With the QC35II headphones connected to my Galaxy S5 everything (app, phone calls, music, text notifications) work fine.  With the Hearphones connected to the Galaxy S5 the music and text notifications do not come through the Hearphones.  Just a few minutes ago I rechecked this, making sure the volume control on the Hearphones was set as high as possible.  Absolutely no change was made to the S5 in any way other than the connected device.  The Hearphones are NOT picking up the the text/music signal for some reason.  This is important for me in that my wife and I frequently text each other, many times just for communication purposes - see above referenced My Story for why. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habakkuk,

Thank you for that added information.

It's time to call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673 so we can help you.

ST

Audible Advocate

I did.  Jeremy spent about 30 minutes with me and was quite helpful.  Explained about Bluetooth profiles and said that one of them must have been turned off on my phone.  Solution: Unpair Hearphones from phone, clear all paired devices on phone, and re-pair.  This works.  And - the Hearphones now connect with my laptop Windows 10, which they didn't before.  Wish that I had thought of this sooner - it's sorta like rebooting ones device I guess!

Thanks for all the help, Bose!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habakkuk,

Thank you for coming back to tell us about your experience with Bose Hearphones support. It's great to know you've got things working.

Enjoy your Bose Hearphones.

ST