ckb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Hearphones for Unilateral Deafness from Sudden Hearing Loss?

With at least 5 thousand cases of sudden unilateral hearing loss a year, happening to young to middle aged adults, Bose is missing out on some serious money! I hope they can make these to send all sound to one earbud. I miss hearing in stereo and missing out on sounds, I miss being able to hear everyone at the table. 

ckb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I would pay over $500 tonight if it had this feature

raypp2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I'd like to throw my vote in for this feature as well. I suffered a SSHL and this feature would make a substantial difference for me.

Community Manager

Hi raypp2,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  While I can't commit to acting on this specific request, let me assure you, we are listening.

Sincerely,

ST

StacyP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Hi Bose Engineers, Sales Team and Product Team.

Please add the mono sound feature. I work in San Francisco and I would love to tell all coworkers to buy your Hearphones. Me and plenty of my other coworkers suffer from single sided deafness, and I can vouch for them that we all want that feature. I will be more than happy to advertise your product at my company. 

Community Manager

Hi StacyP, and everyone who has posted in this discussion.

Thank you for your ideas and encouragement to make changes to Bose Hearphones.  We can't comment on things that may or may not be in development. However, we are listening, and we are always working on something.

Sincerely,

ST

Dude777
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

@StacyP wrote:

Please add the mono sound feature. I work in San Francisco and I would love to tell all coworkers to buy your Hearphones. Me and plenty of my other coworkers suffer from single sided deafness, and I can vouch for them that we all want that feature. I will be more than happy to advertise your product at my company. 

--------------------------------

I have and will always be a fan of Bose but last year I lost hearing in one ear from an acoustic neuroma tumor and became single-sided deaf. In that time I found a headphone made specifically for the single-sided deaf called the 2E1 "Two Ears in One" which has both the left and right hi-fi speaker drivers in one ear cup. I highly recommend it as an alternative to mono-mixing the audio (not a fan) and it is the only headphone that recreates the stereo experience for my one working ear now that I am single sided deaf. I hope this info helps. 

pottmi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Bose,

Can you please release a white paper on how to use the hearphones for SSD (Single Sided Deafness)?

I would buy them if I understood what features applied to people with SSD.

Here is my wish list:

1. Turns off one ear and does silent noise canceling in that ear.

2. Routes sound from both sides to good ear.

3. Can focus microphones in front so I can hear someone who is standing in front me of without turning my head.

I have stopped going to conference receptions because it basically sounds like I am having a conversation with a group of people with an industrial vacuum cleaner running.  Sometimes it gets so bad I get tunnel vision in the eye next to the bad ear.

I have an engineering degree and believe I would be a good candidate for beta testing.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, pottmi,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

"Can you please release a white paper on how to use the hearphones for SSD (Single Sided Deafness)?"

Bose Hearphones are not a medical device, and we don't recommend them for people with a medical condition. Bose Hearphones are designed to improve the ability of the general population to hear conversations in noisy environments.

"I would buy them if I understood what features applied to people with SSD."

The best way to know if Bose Hearphones will be useful for you is to try them. You can do that in a Bose retail store, or purchase them from Bose online. Bose offers a 30-day trial. Please follow the link for details.

"I have an engineering degree and believe I would be a good candidate for beta testing."

You can help us improve our products by participating in this User Research Hearing Survey

Thank you!

ST