Hearphones for autism/SPD?

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Hearphones for autism/SPD?

Hello,

I have autism and am interested in Hearphones because I think they have potential to greatly improve my quality of life. Has anyone used these for autism or similar sensory processing/integration issues?

Mostly, I am interested in the ability to block out background noise, lower the overall volume of environmental sounds, while still allowing conversation through. I currently use earplugs to lower the volume of my environment but they aren't not ideal because I can not hear people speaking to me. If I go without earplugs, I still probably will not be able to focus on conversation because my brain has no volume control and everything mashes together unless I am in a very quiet room. I have always said it would be a great help if someone invented technology that would allow me to filter sounds as they enter my ears, and I am wondering if the Hearphones could accomplish that.

2 REPLIES
Animated Arbiter

Re: Hearphones for autism/SPD?

@curiousASD wrote:

Hello,

I have autism and am interested in Hearphones because I think they have potential to greatly improve my quality of life. Has anyone used these for autism or similar sensory processing/integration issues?

Mostly, I am interested in the ability to block out background noise, lower the overall volume of environmental sounds, while still allowing conversation through. I currently use earplugs to lower the volume of my environment but they aren't not ideal because I can not hear people speaking to me. If I go without earplugs, I still probably will not be able to focus on conversation because my brain has no volume control and everything mashes together unless I am in a very quiet room. I have always said it would be a great help if someone invented technology that would allow me to filter sounds as they enter my ears, and I am wondering if the Hearphones could accomplish that.

You can use the focused conservation mode to reduce general noise and concentrate on someone talking that is in front of you.  It will not eliminate general noise but will greatly reduce it.  Give them a try, if they dont work return in 30 days and get your money back!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones for autism/SPD?

Hi CuriousASD,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm glad you joined us.

The best way to know how well Bose Hearphones will work for you is to try them. You can try Bose Hearphones in a Bose store. If that's not convenient, you can order them online. Here is the information about the Bose 30-day trial period.

ST