Highlighted
Blackie
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

Hearphones in Canada

I recently bought hearphones at the Bose store in Bethesda Maryland. When I tried to download the app when I came home to Ontario, Canada the app did not appear in the app store. When I called Bose I was just told that there is no way I can download the app in Ontario. Can this be true?

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones in Canada

Hi Blackie,

Thank you for joining us here. I hope you are enjoying your Hearphones.

You wrote: " When I called Bose I was just told that there is no way I can download the app in Ontario. Can this be true?"

You need a Google Play or iTunes account based in the US to download the app.  We can't support the app outside of the regions where Hearphones are sold (currently US only).

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

Sincerely,

ST

Carbon Arc
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Calling Blackie - did you get past this obstacle? I'm an interested USA expat who resides in BC. 

Community Manager

Hello Everybody,

The latest version of the Bose Hear app is available outside the US. 

The Bose Connect app will be available globally to support customers who purchase Bose Hearphones in the US and travel abroad. Note: Hearphones are still only available for purchase and support in the US. The app is still in English only.

Get it through the Apple Store (v1.4.0) or Google Play (v1.4.1)

Enjoy!

ST

Dhenderson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Hi ST ,

So if I’m reading this correctly. We could drive to the USA buy some headphones and use the app in Canada to control them ? Thank you
Community Manager

Hi Dhenderson,

Yes, you can purchase your Hearphones in the USA and get the Bose Hear app back in Canada. Please call Bose Hear Support to find out what level of support we can offer in Canada. I think there are limits to what we can do outside the USA.

1-800-761-2673.

Thank you. 

ST

Cbuse
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Can anyone at Bose indicate if and when the Hearphone will be introduced into canadian bose stores and retailers? It seems ridiculous to limit sales to some stores in the US.

Community Manager

Hi Cbuse,

Thank you for joining us in the Bose Hear Community and thank you for your interest in Hearphones.

Bose has not announced plans to make Hearphones available outside the USA.  Beyond that, I cannot reply to your question. Bose moderators are not permitted to comment on future plans. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Sincerely,

ST

Jami van Haaften
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

I wish the Bose store, which apparently gets a lot of Canadian customers by the clerk’s own admission, was set up to handle the state retail sales tax exemption. I bought my Hearphones yesterday in Bellevue Wa and downloaded the app, and then drove back to Vancouver. Paid $50 state tax, HST at the border and will pay again with the currency exchange.

by the way, ask Health Canada when this will be approved for sale in the Canadian market.

Community Manager

Hi Jami van Haaften,

Welcome to the Bose Hear Community and congratulations on getting your Bose Hearphones.

Thanks for the insights into the Canadian perspective on cross-border shopping. Bose hasn't announced plans to sell Bose Hearphones in Canada.

ST