Highlighted
Ellen C
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Hearphones in the Cold

My Hearphones are great - I am so happy I found them.

But they don't fit as well in the cold. If I wear them when it's below about 30° fahrenheit, for more than about half an hour, they tend to fall out of my ears. This isn't only a problem with the Hearphones, of course - every pair of earbuds I've ever had have gotten noticeably harder and less flexible in the cold. Except one, which used these Comply foam tips, and those were great in any weather. I realize that the Hearphones don't use solid tips, but I wonder if they could use a material like that, rather than rubber.

One other thing that would be really nice in future versions would be a place to include owner/return information. I usually put labels on my electronics when I travel, but the Hearphones seem to resist anything sticking to them.

Thanks for listening, and best wishes for 2020. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones in the Cold

Hi, Ellen C.

@Ellen C wrote:

My Hearphones are great - I am so happy I found them.

That's terrific.

But they don't fit as well in the cold. If I wear them when it's below about 30° fahrenheit, for more than about half an hour, they tend to fall out of my ears. This isn't only a problem with the Hearphones, of course - every pair of earbuds I've ever had have gotten noticeably harder and less flexible in the cold. Except one, which used these Comply foam tips, and those were great in any weather. I realize that the Hearphones don't use solid tips, but I wonder if they could use a material like that, rather than rubber.

How chilly is it where you are?  Does wearing a cap down over your ears help? How do you feel about ear muffs?

One other thing that would be really nice in future versions would be a place to include owner/return information. I usually put labels on my electronics when I travel, but the Hearphones seem to resist anything sticking to them.

For things like Bose Hearphones, I usually make a long label, long enough to go around the object I want to label, so the excess ends are back-to-back forming a tag. For Hearphones, I'd probably put them at the back of the neckband where it is skinny.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Best wishes for 2020.

ST

Ellen C
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Hearphones in the Cold

Thanks, ST. A tag, rather than a sticky label, is a great idea; I'll do that today.

I'll usually walk outside as long as it's above about 20°. I wear a hood, rather than a cap; caps tend to push on earbuds, including the Hearphones, and it gets uncomfortable. But maybe I can find something a little tighter than a hood, but looser than a tight cap. 

Cheers,