Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hearphones not charging

I love my Hearphones, and I use them nearly every day. But lately they stopped charging when I plug them in to charge. I have to plug them in, then press the 'on' button, and even then they don't start charging right away. Has anyone else encountered this problem and do you have a fix for it?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Hearphones not charging

Hey there @bdolby

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm so sorry to learn that you are experiencing some issues with charging your Hearphones. 

Have you tried a firmware update? You can do this by following the instructions which are outlined HERE.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

The firmware update seems to require the hearphones to have some charge in order to connect.  I'll keep trying.  But what if I can't get a charge into the hearphones in order to do the update?

Highlighted

Not a problem, have you tried using an alternate charging cable? This way we can see if its the charging cable, wall adaptor or the headphones itself which do not appear to be functioning. 

Do you also get any LED response connecting your hearphones to power?

Do let us know.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

I've tried different cables and different plugs.  Still no charging.  Are they trash now, or can they be fixed?  I really like them and need them sometimes to hear better.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this bdolby. 

You can also attempt to update the Hearphones via the manual method. To do this please connect the Hearphones to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!